Betty crocker or what?

Betty crocker or what?

This is a discussion on Betty crocker or what? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Drugs suspected in treats given to Texas police By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press Writer Tue Jul 8, 7:40 PM ET A teenager is suspected ...

Thread: Betty crocker or what?

Betty crocker or what?

Drugs suspected in treats given to Texas police By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press Writer
    Tue Jul 8, 7:40 PM ET

A teenager is suspected of delivering baskets of drug-laced treats to about a dozen police departments in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, according to police who charged him Tuesday with LSD possession. At least three officers have gotten sick.

The 18-year-old man was arrested after taking cookies to the Lake Worth police station, said Brett McGuire, the suburb's police chief. Officers there had been tipped off that someone was falsely claiming to deliver treats on behalf of Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

"Our officers took a good whiff and thought they smelled like marijuana," McGuire said, adding that preliminary tests instead detected traces of LSD.

Christian Phillips was taken into custody and later charged with possession of the powerful hallucinogen, although the charge may be changed, McGuire said.

The suspect denied trying to contaminate the goodies or harm anyone and said one of his friends might have been smoking pot while Phillips was baking, McGuire said. The suspect is not affiliated with MADD, the chief said.

Phillips remained jailed in Lake Worth pending an arraignment Wednesday. Bail had not been set, and he did not have an attorney yet, McGuire said.

In Fort Worth, at least three officers got sick after eating some cookies and candy from a basket delivered to that police station Monday night, authorities said.

Police there are conducting tests and plan to file charges if LSD or another drug or chemical is found in the food, said Lt. Paul Henderson.

Lake Worth investigators found that Phillips had a list of about two dozen police departments in north Texas, with 13 checked off, McGuire said. It's unclear whether anyone else got sick because some deliveries were made in the past week.

Police in Blue Mound found traces of marijuana in the treats, he said. Blue Mound police tipped off Lake Worth after receiving a call from MADD that no one was delivering cookies on its behalf.
    What a moron if those treats have narcotics in them he be in a world of trouble
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    More like Betty Crack-er. Or MaryJane Crocker.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Administrator
    Gee whizz I always eat cookies baked by total strangers because I am such a trusting person.

I especially love the free ones that they put out in my bank...when the homeless alcoholic wearing his 5 years of urine stained pants reaches into his pocket to have the teller give him change for a soggy five dollar bill and then he walks over and rearranges all of the cookies on the tray (with hands that have not been washed in at least a month) before he decides which ones he is going to choose for himself.
    Those are always extra tasty!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

What is interesting is they opened up the story with "A teenager" but then point out he is 18. Um, nope, he is an ADULT and made an adult screwup, don't minimalize his wrongdoing by calling him a teenager.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Administrator
    +1 Paco. I think he ate a few too many of his own cookies.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

This 'adult' needs a long and serious 'paid vacation'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I especially love the free ones that they put out in my bank...when the homeless alcoholic wearing his 5 years of urine stained pants reaches into his pocket to have the teller give him change for a soggy five dollar bill and then he walks over and rearranges all of the cookies on the tray (with hands that have not been washed in at least a month) before he decides which ones he is going to choose for himself.
    Those are always extra tasty!
    THERE's an image I could have done without....
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

For those of you old enough to remember, there was Alice B. Toklas who notoriously baked cannabis brownies.

Alice B. Toklas
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I agree he should be charged as an adult... but in the literal sense of the word... Eighteen is still technically a teenager! As well as 19!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    I'm old, I remember Alice and her cookies.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    A long time ago I was told not to EVER eat food that I could not account for, when working as an LEO.

And this is why...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I heard on this on the radio this morning. I will provide a link to a story as soon as I find one.

UPDATE: On further examination, the cookies DID NOT contain any illegal or illicit substance. The suspect truly was a representative from MADD trying to show his appreciation for the police.

More of our brilliant investigative police work...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    I heard on this on the radio this morning. I will provide a link to a story as soon as I find one.

UPDATE: On further examination, the cookies DID NOT contain any illegal or illicit substance. The suspect truly was a representative from MADD trying to show his appreciation for the police.

More of our brilliant investigative police work...
    Good thing courts don't rely on cops noses for sniffing out drugs or PC since a buncha cops thought the cookies smelled like they had drugs in them,maybe it was oregano lol,on the other hand when I was an LEO we only accepted baked goods from people we knew,IE officers wives,mothers,too many things can happen,granny mighta got a ticket so she decides to bake an arsenic cake to get even
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post
    I'm old, I remember Alice and her cookies.

AFS

Go ask Alice. When she's ten feet tall.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Sponsored Links