Marine Corps picture thread - Page 2

Marine Corps picture thread

This is a discussion on Marine Corps picture thread within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by David in FL One of my Marines over in Desert Storm. Always had a tough time getting him to dig a deep ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    One of my Marines over in Desert Storm. Always had a tough time getting him to dig a deep enough fighting hole.......

......that changed once people actually started shooting at him!

Everything changes once you are getting shot at.... thank God for proper training and instinct
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    It is/was here as part of a series of photos. Probably in this section of the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ar-photos.html

It is the first photo in this thread. I can't get it copied.
    Yep, that's the one. Here it is:

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Before JD starts posting pictures of LAVs, here are some pics of one of the not so known capabilities the Marines have.

Below are some Riverine Assault Crafts (RACs), wich are basically 40ft gun boats that make over 40 knots (MPH) while requiring a depht of only 9 inches of water to operate at high speeds; however, ...

...they make 0 (ZERO) knots on land. (they do need water to operate!!!)

Heres the new replacement for the RACs, the Small Unit Riverine Craft (SURC), wich is currently deployed to the rivers in Iraq as part of different units since the 2nd Small Craft Company was disbanded. I am told they are way better than the old boats we had (I was a Boat Captain in the RACs so I can't speak from expericence as for the SURCs).

Attached Images

JD
    Administrator
    cagueits, thanks for posting those, Lima's brother is now a swabbie Riverine.

If this were a Navy thread, I'm sure she'd post pictures.

Sadly, most of my pics from Iraq were lost due to my camera filling up with sand near Basra.

Quote Originally Posted by cagueits View Post

When were you driving the RAC? I was India 3/6 when the RAC's were first dipped at Camp Lejeune in 1990. We did a lot of boat fly aways to Alabama to operate in the brown water there. Cool stuff.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    cagueits, thanks for posting those, Lima's brother is now a swabbie Riverine.
    He must be an SBU/SWCC guy. I was very tempted to go over to the brown water Navy when I got out of the Marines - still, college on Uncle Sam's dime sounded like a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Sadly, most of my pics from Iraq were lost due to my camera filling up with sand near Basra.
    Hey, I know the feeling, I lost a couple of rolls myself due to sand/water.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    When were you driving the RAC? I was India 3/6 when the RAC's were first dipped at Camp Lejeune in 1990. We did a lot of boat fly aways to Alabama to operate in the brown water there. Cool stuff.

When did you leave 6th Marines? I was there '91-'94!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I got to Small Shaft, I mean, Small Craft in '95 and left in '99 due to a PCA. Since the 2nd generation boats are the ones pictures above, you probably rode in the 1st generation boats - heres a pic of them...

Heres the 2nd gen again in a similar angle... (I always felt bad when we droped off Recon on about, ummm, 6 inches of water at 25knots+ [can you say ouch???!!!!]) (Link to the photo since I couldn't find a way to shrink it down without saving it and editing - DOD archive)

Priceless!

When did you leave 6th Marines? I was there '91-'94!
    I left in September of '91

Quote Originally Posted by cagueits View Post
    I got to Small Shaft, I mean, Small Craft in '95 and left in '99 due to a PCA. Since the 2nd generation boats are the ones pictures above, you probably rode in the 1st generation boats - heres a pic of them...

We were (I believe) the first on them. We rode a lot with the DEA and SEAL Team 6 who had an interest in using them for counter drug ops in Central America. It was assigned to us because we were stateside and a jungle unit with experience in “Just Cause”. I wonder if I am considered a RAC plank owner? We used to take them out on the Inter Coastal Waterway and the looks were priceless.

I left in September of '91

LOL......I arrived Sept of '91. Worked for Col Livingston until he put on his star. Very proud of the time I spent with 6th Marines. They don't come much better!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    Um, wow! I have never seen someone like that in uniform, that must be a Photoshop job.

(I hope)
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

LOL......I arrived Sept of '91. Worked for Col Livingston until he put on his star. Very proud of the time I spent with 6th Marines. They don't come much better!
    Does SSgt. Ernie Hatcher ring a bell. The man was my mentor and because of him I am a better Marine, man, father, leader, etc.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Um, wow! I have never seen someone like that in uniform, that must be a Photoshop job.

(I hope)
    That is scary as hell! I had to get rid of an EOD Tech in my unit that didn't weigh half as much as that!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

We were (I believe) the first on them. We rode a lot with the DEA and SEAL Team 6 who had an interest in using them for counter drug ops in Central America. It was assigned to us because we were stateside and a jungle unit with experience in “Just Cause”. I wonder if I am considered a RAC plank owner? We used to take them out on the Inter Coastal Waterway and the looks were priceless.
    Yeah, sounds about right, you were probaly in the "experimental" phase of the company - we worked hand in hand with SBU22/26, NSWU8, the 1/75 (I think) and some ODAs when I was in Panama ('96-'99).

If you were in Just Cause, then you might know a Cpl Maldonado (Sgt/SSgt when in Small Craft [SCCO]) - I think he was in the 6th Marines in Panama, if not mistaken providing security to Howard AFB's airfield. He became a plank owner when he was PCAd from the 6th Marines to SCCO along with Cpl Keller (Sgt when I met him) and Sgt Vinciguera (Sgt/SSgt/GySgt when I met him).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links