Marine Corps picture thread - Page 4

Marine Corps picture thread

This is a discussion on Marine Corps picture thread within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Our Squadron aircraft early 60's VMCJ-2...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marine Corps picture thread

VIP Member

Our Squadron aircraft early 60's
    VMCJ-2

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post

Our Squadron aircraft early 60's
    VMCJ-2

I had a buddy who drove F-4's before transitioning to F/A-18's.

One of the great airplanes of all time!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Any and all USMC related, I'll start;

Ha, I can almost see that from my house!! I see it everyday as I cross the PI Gateway Bridge
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I was surprised to see this one wasn't posted. I did my 20 years pushing subs through the water, but I remember seeing the Marines running on the other side of the fence in San Diego and thinking that I was a little grateful that I didn't choose to be a Marine, and a little jealous that I didn't also.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    CT-Mike How can anyone not be moved by that picture?

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    I was surprised to see this one wasn't posted. I did my 20 years pushing subs through the water, but I remember seeing the Marines running on the other side of the fence in San Diego and thinking that I was a little grateful that I didn't choose to be a Marine, and a little jealous that I didn't also.

This has always been one of my favorites, probably because the younger Marine is an EOD Brother!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    CT-Mike How can anyone not be moved by that picture?
    I think one would have to be dead not to be moved. I read through the 'Final Salute' article yesterday, and kept getting something in my eye, can't figure it out.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billfromtx View Post
    That's perfect.................
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

This is my good friend Aaron in Iraq two years ago. He's a Marine reservist. He took a year off from school and left his girlfriend of the time (now wife!) to serve. He received NO money for school because our college accepts absolutely no government money from any federal or state organization. He graduated in May as the outstanding senior men, well deserved.

Talk about a man of character.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biasedbulldog View Post

This is my good friend Aaron in Iraq two years ago. He's a Marine reservist. He took a year off from school and left his girlfriend of the time (now wife!) to serve. He received NO money for school because our college accepts absolutely no government money from any federal or state organization. He graduated in May as the outstanding senior men, well deserved.

Talk about a man of character.
    I salute your friend.

What school is it that does not accept gov't money?? Why?

Administrator
    Why? Probably because they are a really good school that wants to remain as a really good school.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post

That's the one that always gets me, of the crop of "new" photos.

BikerRN

1stSgt. Bradley Kasal (now Sergeant Major), a hard charging devil dog if there ever was one! Recipient of the Navy Cross for heroic actions and selfless sacrifice in Fallujah, Iraq on 13 Nov 04.

(Notice: 7 gunshot wounds (7.62mm AK-47), 40 pieces of grenade shrapnel, the last man out, and he is still clutching his pistol... finger off the trigger! Marine Corps leadership training at it's best!)

You can read about him here, here and here

Now that's what I call "esprit de corps!"

Semper Fi!

(It is rumored he is being considered to receive the Medal of Honor) Most deserved as far as this Marine is concerned!
    Last edited by Bark'n; July 14th, 2008 at 09:23 PM.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

There's a handful of them that don't take federal funds. The one in question is Hillsdale College in Michigan, which is the only (I believe) that doesn't take state or federal funds (Grove City, Patrick Henry, and I think just one other don't take any federal funds).

SIXTO is pretty much on the money. Hillsdale has far more autonomy than any other school in the nation (at least from the gov't; we do, of course, have responsibilities to our donors), and I think that's reflected by the nature of the school. Outside of the military academies, we're also the only school in the nation that requires a course on the US Constitution to graduate.

The move to independence was a response to government pressure in the 1970's to alter our admissions and athletic policies. The school was offended by the implication of racism, as we were the first school in the nation (in 1848) to explicitly state in its charter that we accepted students without regard to race, religion, creed, or gender.

In any case, the school told the government to butt out and has been far better off ever since.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links