A Policeman's Belt

This is a discussion on A Policeman's Belt within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Handcuffs: Peerless, American Handcuff or S&W. Avoid the Hiatts and ASP cuffs. Also it's best to carry two pair. Get at least one set of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Policeman's Belt

Handcuffs: Peerless, American Handcuff or S&W. Avoid the Hiatts and ASP cuffs. Also it's best to carry two pair. Get at least one set of oversized cuffs. They will fit the wrists suspects with larger wrists. (always sucks when trying to cuff a subject only to find out cuffs are too small). I prefer the "old style" push pin double lock type but they are getting harder to find. The slide mechanism double locks on S&W when worn can be banged on a hard surface by the suspect to release the double lock feature. There are reasons for this I won't get into in a public forum.

Personally, I like the chained cuffs, but hinged are ok. They do have a higher incidence of suspects getting a broken wrist, but that is a matter of training and or how much the suspect resists. I also like the streamlight cuff key with the LED light.

+1 on the Bianchi Accumold gear! Great stuff! Have had no problems with mine and it is very wear resistant.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Get with your Dept. What you may carry will depend on the training you have . a good bet in addition to your list ( assuming you will be trained and certed with a baton ) is glove/mask pouch , cell phone carrier , radio carrier , key fob , " piggin string " ( a length of rope with snaps on each end where by one can " 6 PACK " a difficult arestee. or make an expedient sling for the shotty out of the car , ect.. ) . and a half dozen other things depending on your policy's and area . Then we discuss nylon or leather , basketweave or plain , ect.. and again i say get with the Dept you are looking at because they will have rules about just what you can carry and what it may be made of .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryARK View Post
    I don't like hinged cuffs, because they only flex in one axis.

This is the reason why I carry hinged cuffs. Several times I have been able to get one cuff onto a suspect who is fighting. The hinge cuff lets me crank on his arm/wrist to get a little pain compliance where the chain does not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links