Sniper Film

Sniper Film

This is a discussion on Sniper Film within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Watch it here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sniper Film

DC Founder

Sniper Film

Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Lead Moderator
    Calling him a "sniper" is a real stretch. He sure isn't sniping by any definition I've heard. But it sure was an interesting piece of video.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Am I weird for not being particularly shocked or surprised by this? It looked like exactly what I figure a soldier might do in Iraq.

Assistant Administrator
    Yeah ''sniping'' per se is a stretch but, certainly that whole group was seemingly laying down some quite heavy fire. Seemed pretty long range stuff and interesting to watch.

No obvious feedback tho as to useful hits as I recall. Fascinating vid tho - thx.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    SNIPER ??? I THINK NOT ! One halfa$$ed counter sniper and these guys would be toast. Looks like some "independent contractors" had an afternoon off, found an "authorized" free fire zone, and were just having some fun. OBTW -- There aint a thing wrong with having fun.-----------

VIP Member
    Interesting. Long range shooting is a better description. I've known a couple snipers and they wouldn't do what the video shows. It's not thier job either. These guys are shooting at a fair distance though. One called range was about 800 meters.

-Scott-

I think it was actually a Sniper Competition....you know, where they all line up and take their long range shots...the occasional heavy fire was from the instructor. His purpose was to knock out the easy targets and make the others duck, thereby providing a bit harder target. LOL! I don't care what you really call it or who is doing it as long as the "bad guys" are the ones getting hit. BTW, Charles Whitman was called a sniper too!
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Fascinating video none the less
    <Yep that's really me rounding up a herd

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Calling him a "sniper" is a real stretch. He sure isn't sniping by any definition I've heard. But it sure was an interesting piece of video.
    IIRC from the video, they were referred to as "mercs" and that rings true with me. I can't seen any current military organization, even Delta or SEAL tm 6 who are the dedicated counter terror groups and are selected for being able to act on their own....they'd never violate OPSEC by letting themselves be video'd. But an outfit like BLACKWATER might want to put it out there because they've taken some serious casualties and might not be above a little pre-emptive suppression. I could also see a direct-action intelligence operation doing something like this.....alphabet soup groups...
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I know this is a way back on the pages, but I'm new here and just came upon this..this video was a joke..he's using what looks like an M-16A4 with a big scope..sniper?!? I think not..looks to me like some contractors killing some time..and guys like this are part of te "problem" over there. The contractors aren't controled by anyone and can and do what ever they want. When I was over there the last time..we even had some civilian cotractors shooting at US convoys..sorry tis is a long rant..but this video was just redonkulus!

Lead Moderator
    Sniper? hardly, note the puff of dust w/ each shot. easy give away of your position, not to mention the multiply shots from 1 position and brass ejecting.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    Saw this video a long time ago, and if it's legit at all. It is definately some scum-suckin' merc. Glad they already identify themselves as turds, those of you who have ever been on a ship or owned an RV know that "Blackwater" is just another term for liquid excrement.

So much for "one shot one kill". This is guy is cleaning house....not sure what he is hitting....seems more like a self-gratification film.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

It is a legit video of a group of Blackwater contractors in Iraq. They were helping some Marines defend an outpost near Najaf.
    Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
    The Reaper-3 Sep 04

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler
    It is a legit video of a group of Blackwater contractors in Iraq. They were helping some Marines defend an outpost near Najaf.
    Don't think anyone is saying they weren't helping, or that they were doing anything wrong.

Just that calling them snipers is a real stretch.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links