Wow, What A Dumb Way To Lose Your Job - Daytona Beach, FL - Page 4

Wow, What A Dumb Way To Lose Your Job - Daytona Beach, FL

This is a discussion on Wow, What A Dumb Way To Lose Your Job - Daytona Beach, FL within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do you think this would be racketeering if they found out he'd done this (only successfully) elsewhere? To my non-lawyer mind it would be ... ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wow, What A Dumb Way To Lose Your Job - Daytona Beach, FL

Do you think this would be racketeering if they found out he'd done this (only successfully) elsewhere?

To my non-lawyer mind it would be ... anyone else?
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Do you think this would be racketeering if they found out he'd done this (only successfully) elsewhere?

To my non-lawyer mind it would be ... anyone else?
    I don't know if you can apply racketeering when it comes to food/beverage that the officer is consuming, I though racketeering was associated with "profit"

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I don't know if you can apply racketeering when it comes to food/beverage that the officer is consuming, I though racketeering was associated with "profit"
    That's a good point, I don't know.

It seems to me he's got obstruction of justice (threatening to withold or delay police services) and extortion as his two RICO offenses, assuming it didn't matter that it wasn't for money.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

JD
    Administrator
    I can see extortion, as extortion is more "X" for "Y" based.

Either way, this guy should get charged for something.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I also would like to see him charged with extortion, or whatever else fits the crime. I don't think it is good enough that he lost his job, he needs to be charged, just like an ordinary citizen would be.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Wonder why he didn't beat the 'graph? Are they better than they used to be? Not that I've ever had a client do this, or ever advised anyone to try it, but there is some evidence that one may readily contort one's self in such ways as to render the answer to every question "inconclusive".....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    Wonder why he didn't beat the 'graph? Are they better than they used to be? Not that I've ever had a client do this, or ever advised anyone to try it, but there is some evidence that one may readily contort one's self in such ways as to render the answer to every question "inconclusive".....
    Inconclusive is not the same as passing. It might as well be failing.

I agree that he should have been fired, and that he shouldn't work as a LEO again. On the few occasions I go into a restaurant/coffee shop, etc, in uniform, I never ask for nor demand any discount.I would also never go to a place simply because they give a LEO discount. My integrity is worth more to me than that. If the place gives it, so be it. If not, I always have the money to pay the full price. If I can't afford to pay full price at a restaurant/coffee shop, etc, it's time to find a new job. OMO
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

He should have been fired, and he should be in jail. That's what we normally do with people who get caught offering 'protection' for services rendered or money, right?.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links