Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A citation from the President

656 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
I am preparing the arrangements for my father's funeral. I am on the phone with the funeral director and she is asking me all these questions. One question she asked was if my dad was in the military. I told her that he was in combat in World War II. She told be that because of his service he would be awarded the following honors.

1. He could be buried at any National cemetery of our choosing.
  2. He will receive a flag
  3. He will receive a citation, signed by the President, expressing his appreciation for his service to his country.

That sat with me for a day or so. Today I had this thought. Had he lived another few months and Obama was elected President, his citation would be signed by him. If Obama were the President, I think I would refuse the citation as it would be an insult to every man and woman who served so gallantly in defense of this country.

Maybe I am off base here, but would that be an issue for any one else?

#4 ·
...If Obama were the President, I think I would refuse the citation as it would be an insult to every man and woman who served so gallantly in defense of this country.

Maybe I am off base here, but would that be an issue for any one else?
Not sure why you feel this way...why do you feel it would be an "insult" to every person that has served?...or better, what makes you feel this way because I can assure you that not every military person feels the same.

A person who has or is serving their country takes an oath...to support and defend the Constitution of the USA. The citation is in honor of that service and commitment...not to the signature at the bottom of the page.

Rick

#5 ·
Extremely Sorry and my condolences on the passing of your Father. RIP:usflag:

However.......This thread is now closed.

Please NO more Obama threads on DC unless directly FIREARM related.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.