Defensive Carry banner

Chinese Swat Awesome Getsome

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  farronwolf 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Ok, tell us all honestly.

How many of you LEO's out there, when your Captain or whomever said, "Ok guys, heres the drill, we will now be using Segway's for tactical manuvers", would not look at him like he had gotten into the evidence room when the bail of pot was smoking on the shelf from spontaneous combustion?

#6 ·
Funny thing is, some campus P.D.'s have bought them around here. Needless to say, the officers hate them, and a lot of money was wasted... seems like the standard procedure for establishments of higher education.

#10 ·
I'm not sure how the guy in that video pulled that off - short of powering it down as he stepped off with one foot. I've tried to knock myself off the segway at my work and I'm convinced it's not possible short of crashing into something. Just my personal experience.

#12 ·
Notice that they're using Tokarev T-33's or at least their copy of them. Interesting choice for a SWAT type unit. Maybe they're looking for best penetration?

#15 ·
ROB, YOU POSTED THE WRONG PICTURES!!!

Those are the new delivery drivers from the Golden Dragon resturant down the street. Their drivers are tired of being robbed and are taking steps to correct this. :image035:

#16 ·
One of the local malls here in Nashville had the guards riding these things around.
Takes everything I have to control the urge to jump on one when the stop to flirt and take off in a low speed segway pursuit through the mall.

I wonder if you can PIT a segway? Spike strips?

#17 ·
how feasible is this? anybody with a segway, pistol/rifle range, and free time test this set up in DC.com? videos are welcome.

#18 ·
As a cop on one of those, I'd feel like a duck in a shooting gallery.:ticking:
Seem ineffective to me...but I'm not a cop.

Stay armed...keep on rollin'...stay safe!

#20 ·
I dunno. If your already on one of those on patrol, why not train to shoot from it? Might even be a more stable platform that if you had to run 3/4 of a mile across an airport. Definitely might as well wear a big bullseye t-shirt, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.