Ramos-Compean convictions affirmed - Page 2

Ramos-Compean convictions affirmed

This is a discussion on Ramos-Compean convictions affirmed within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I live 20 miles from the Mexico border and until you live here you don't realise how much crap goes on at the border with ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ramos-Compean convictions affirmed

I live 20 miles from the Mexico border and until you live here you don't realise how much crap goes on at the border with our agents hands being tied they get stuff thrown at them and fired at from mexico but can't return fire.Between the human traffickers and drug runners it's a war and the se guys will do anything to escape and get back across the border,then they flip off the pursuers.This is a disgusting travesty of justice and the US Attorney needs to be the one sitting in jail
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Good God, What is Bush waiting for? It's not like it'll ruin his re-election. Pardon these guys and the accidental machinegun guy.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

In matters such as this, in which Mr. Bush has categorically stated that he will not pardon Ramos & Compean, one must wonder why. Qui bono? Who benefits? Obviously, Bush and those at the highest levels benefit in some way. The questions that will never be answered in our lifetimes is: how? and why?.
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

Quote Originally Posted by nuparadigm View Post
    In matters such as this, in which Mr. Bush has categorically stated that he will not pardon Ramos & Compean, one must wonder why. Qui bono? Who benefits? Obviously, Bush and those at the highest levels benefit in some way. The questions that will never be answered in our lifetimes is: how? and why?.
    I agree.......there is MUCH more to this than will be made availiable to 'us'. Something needs to be done but how do you even begin to figure this mess out?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Shouldn't a full pardoning of these two men be one of the questions we ask the presidential candidates?

Something to the effect of "Will you commit to granting a full pardon to these two men as the first act as President to demonstrate the new tone of your administration?"

Maybe SCOTUS will hear this and end this travesty.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    This just wrong in so many ways. The least we can do is write the White House, our Reps and Senators and demand this injustice be fixed.

I wonder, if elected, if McCain would grant the needed pardon?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wonder, if elected, if McCain would grant the needed pardon?
    I bet Obama would grant the pardon!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

The Fix Was In!!!

I don't know why. But the fix was in with this ridiculous administration and this case. Bush probably won't touch this at all, at best and with a major contribution to "The Bush Library" in his final days they may get a presidential pardon.

These two guys got the shaft.

T-Out
    S&W M&P .40 Compact
    Para Ordnance 18.9 9mm
    Wesson Mod 15 .357
    Ruger GP100 .357
    Remington 870 Express 12ga

Sorry guys and gals, but they were rightfully convicted and need to do their time.

You aren't getting the whole story from the media. Let's just say that they violated one major rule, THEY LIED and tried to cover up their actions.
    No, I don't want to see a pardon granted. I don't have a problem with someone making a mistake. I do have a problem with covering it up and lying about it. They are no different than the convicted criminals they are housed with.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Sorry guys and gals, but they were rightfully convicted and need to do their time.

You aren't getting the whole story from the media. Let's just say that they violated one major rule, THEY LIED and tried to cover up their actions.
    No, I don't want to see a pardon granted. I don't have a problem with someone making a mistake. I do have a problem with covering it up and lying about it. They are no different than the convicted criminals they are housed with.

Biker
    Wow. I thought I was the only one.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

So let's say that they did lie. Point out one person that has pushed their convictions that hasn't. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be punished because they did F up, but 10 years??? They were scared like anyone would be after a shoot and made a mistake. Overall they are respectible public servants doing an impossible job and we should be thanking them instead of locking them up on the testimony of an illegal alien drug smuggler.

If you were on the scene and are a BPA or an ACPA I'll respect your opinion. Otherwise, I won't.
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    hey were rightfully convicted and need to do their time.

You aren't getting the whole story from the media. They are no different than the convicted criminals they are housed with.
    I, at least, only know what I read in the news media about this case, so I actually have no definite personal knowledge of it. Even if Ramos and Compean were rightfully convicted, I have seen a person alleging herself to be an aide to a congressman (interested in the case) report that, like other convicted LEOs, they have been beaten by other inmates; they are serving their time in solitary confinement. Beside refusing to pardon them, she said, president Bush has not lifted a finger to get them sent to a "Club Fed".

Of course the purported congressional aide could be a fake, but let's stipulate for the moment that report is true. BikerRN, do you think it appropriate that they spend their full sentences in solitary confinement? I don't.

10yrs for lying? Or, 10yrs for felonious violence committed on an innocent (aggravated assault, attempted murder, whatever)?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links