Ramos-Compean convictions affirmed

This is a discussion on Ramos-Compean convictions affirmed within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Guns and more Point #1 Guilty of shooting a scumbag in the butt during a fight... See, that's what ticks me off ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ramos-Compean convictions affirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Point #1 Guilty of shooting a scumbag in the butt during a fight...
    See, that's what ticks me off right there... Very few people know the facts... I don't know all the facts... But according to the report done by the surgeon who removed the bullet, the smuggler was never shot in the butt or the back like everyone says and U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton spouts off at every time he opens his mouth on TV.

No one has ALL the facts... but one of the facts which has since been released was obtained by suing the Government through Freedom of Information Act lawsuit was the Medical Report filled out by the U.S. Army Surgeon who removed the bullet and did the surgery on the Smuggler. Which Mr. Johnny Sutton had successfully gotten that record suppressed at trial, so the jury never got to see that document along with a lot of other corroborating evidence that was suppressed as well.

I am paraphrasing here because I don't have the document right in front of me but I have seen it posted by Jerome Corsi at WND and substantiated by Congressmen Ted Poe and Dana Rohrabacher in multiple public appearances.

It says in part: The bullet entered the left lateral aspect of the upper left gluteal traveling in a left to right trajectory and lodged in the right hip area consistent with the patient having his body turned towards the source with his body in a bladed manner at the time he was struck.

In laymen's terms, while the suspect may have been running away at one point, when he was shot he had stopped and turned toward the agents and was shot in the left hip area, the trajectory of the bullet traveled across his lower abdomen in a left to right direction.

It is consistent with the Border Agents testimony that when they fired on him, he was running away but then he stopped and turned back toward them with an outstretched arm holding what appeared to be a gun. It was that action which caused them to be in fear of their lives.

They also gave their statement to that effect way before the surgeons report was ever made available to them. Which they had no way of knowing would actually corroborate their statements.

Now every time Johnny Sutton gets before a TV camera he smugly states that they "Shot an Unarmed Man in the Back!" That is at the very least totally disingenuous and at worst an out an out lie.

Now if people don't think prosecutors can not successfully get some evidence suppressed that they don't like, I have some property I'd love to try and sell you.

Like I said earlier... No one knows all the facts, and likely never will, but a lot has come out through Freedom of Information Act lawsuits that the Government has fought tooth and nail to keep from having to release.

The whole thing stinks from the top down... and I believe in a situation like that... you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the border agents who had to make a life or death decision on a moments notice and were just trying to do their job and follow the lead of their supervisors regarding how to proceed with regards to reporting the incident and policing up their brass. As opposed to believing a known foreign drug smuggler and a Federal Prosecutor who is nothing more than a political hack who's sole mission in life appears to be putting law enforcement officers in prison at the bequest and insistence of the Mexican Government when local investigators have already cleared the LEO's of wrong doing in their initial investigations. So far he's 3 for 3. And people wonder why morale of Border Agents sucks and feel like they are fighting a losing battle.

JMHO.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Any prosecutor that would give immunity to an illegal alien drug smuggler in order to convict two Border Patrol Agents should be taken out to the swamp and shot.
    I'll second that! Talk about a country that cares more for illegal drug smugglers then their own that defend our countries borders! I can't put in here what I really think of that prosecutor! Hope Bush pardons them in those 11th hour pardons like Clinton did with real criminals! Only differance is these men deserve one!
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links