Deputy resigns

This is a discussion on Deputy resigns within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Talk about stupid. Hopefully this idiot will face charges as well as being forced to repay the county for the cost of his training (or ...

Thread: Deputy resigns

VIP Member

Deputy resigns

Talk about stupid. Hopefully this idiot will face charges as well as being forced to repay the county for the cost of his training (or lack of training)!

NBC12 News, Weather Sports, Traffic, and Programming Guide for Richmond, VA | Chesterfield sheriff's deputy facing gun charge resigns
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Yep only trained police officers are resposible enough to carry firearms,once again another moron slips under the radar
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukalmighty
    Yep only trained police officers are resposible enough to carry firearms,once again another moron slips under the radar
    I think part of the problem is that he was still IN training. There's no training that makes up for stupidity though, new LEO, figure what 21-24 years old?

Phillips had just graduated from the sheriff's academy on July 10 and was still undergoing field training.
    Well at least he didn't last long enough to do any real damage, too bad he didn't get weeded out earlier.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I can guarantee you there are many non-LEOs that "slip under the radar". He resigned, apparantely taking responsibility for his actions (I don't know if he had a choice). I can guarantee as well there are many non-LEOs that do not take responsibility for their actions. I caution against the holier than thou...

Rick

Administrator
    hmm, interesting. No excuse for the intoxication part, but what is the area like, rural, a subdivision, urban... who knows?

I'd also like to know how close the school actually was.
    "Just blame Sixto"

"Resigned" is a nice way of saying quit or were gonna fire you
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    "Resigned" is a nice way of saying quit or were gonna fire you
    Yes, When this is over, he well be on a rent-a-cop,job.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    hmm, interesting. No excuse for the intoxication part, but what is the area like, rural, a subdivision, urban... who knows?

I'd also like to know how close the school actually was.
    ...the public intoxication charge...I'm not saying it was smart or even the right thing to be doing, but didn't it say he was just outside his home...one would expect the property would extend at least a bit beyond the walls of the home. How do you get charged with public intox on your own property? Although, if it was an apartment or condo complex that would make it a whole different story.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ...the public intoxication charge...I'm not saying it was smart or even the right thing to be doing, but didn't it say he was just outside his home...one would expect the property would extend at least a bit beyond the walls of the home. How do you get charged with public intox on your own property? Although, if it was an apartment or condo complex that would make it a whole different story.
    Good point, but a lot of places work it this way; If you are on your property, but still in view and causing a disturbance or annoyance to the public as a result of your intoxication, you can be charged with public intox.

Here is an example;
    I pass out drunk in my front yard, and I'm a typical mess that drunks are laying in my front yard, 20 ft from the street. Or lets say that I'm standing in my front yard drunker than a monkey shouting not so nice things at people walking by;

Passerby's are alarmed, disgusted or annoyed, and that could be enough to make a public intox charge.

Obviously, this guy was a nuisance to the public while he was intoxicated.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Good point, but a lot of places work it this way; If you are on your property, but still in view and causing a disturbance or annoyance to the public as a result of your intoxication, you can be charged with public intox.

Here is an example;
    I pass out drunk in my front yard, and I'm a typical mess that drunks are laying in my front yard, 20 ft from the street. Or lets say that I'm standing in my front yard drunker than a monkey shouting not so nice things at people walking by;

Passerby's are alarmed, disgusted or annoyed, and that could be enough to make a public intox charge.

Obviously, this guy was a nuisance to the public while he was intoxicated.
    Ah...gotcha. Thanks.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

The link in the OP is a perfect example of why I think it's a good idea when posting a link to also paste the actual text of the story. The link above now provides this:
    Our Apologies

The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed. You may have followed an outdated link or have outdated pages in your browser cache.

Please use your browser's BACK button to return to the previous page.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
    and I have no idea what the story was about.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    The link in the OP is a perfect example of why I think it's a good idea when posting a link to also paste the actual text of the story. The link above now provides this:

and I have no idea what the story was about.

Hoss
    Thank you Hoss.....i got the same thing when I went to the site.....I have no idea what this guy did......something about being drunk outside.....or something......?.....

Apparently the officer and his buddies were drinking and outside his home discharging a shotgun,as some posters have pointed out it doesn't specify if it was in the city limits or any other non gun area It might of just been the fact they were drunk and discharging a gun,but I believe somebody called in a report about the gun shots which resulted in the cops showing up. which the chief of police may have felt was inappropriate for one of his officers to behave

Links