Marine Corps Rules
A friend forwarded these, tongue in cheek. But some are pretty good to remember...........
Marine Corps Rules:
1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
2. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.
3. Have a plan.
4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a '4.
7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral & diagonal preferred.)
9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
10.Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours
11.Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12.In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
13.If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot.
Don't take it out of context...but #5 is extremely important!
Stay armed...have a plan...stay safe!
Thanks for posting. I will have to print that.
I have issues with a few of em. We don't make distance, we locate, close with and destroy the enemy.
If you aren't shooting, you are moving under your buddies suppression
Well, it probably wasn't a Marine who wrote these particular ones.... :smile:
Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL
Here's the others my buddy sent:
Navy SEAL's Rules
1. Look very cool in sunglasses
2. Kill every living thing within view
3. Adjust Speedo
4. Check hair in mirror
US Army Rangers Rules
1. Walk in 50 miles wearing 75 pound rucksack while starving
2. Locate individuals requiring killing
3. Request permission via radio from 'Higher' to perform killing
4. Curse bitterly when mission is aborted
5. Walk out 50 miles wearing a 75 pound rucksack while starving
US Army Rules
1. Curse bitterly when receiving operational order
2. Make sure there is extra ammo and extra coffee
3. Curse bitterly
4. Curse bitterly
5. Do not listen to 2nd LTs; it can get you killed
6. Curse bitterly
US Navy Rules
1. Go to Sea
2. Drink Coffee
3. Deploy Marines
Another rule I heard was this (IIRC) "If you are going to a gunfight, bring a long gun. Bring all your friends with long guns"
An old grunt rule...
Never stand when you can sit. Never sit if you can lie down. Never lie down without going to sleep.
Hey, lets not leave out us Bluesuiters! :smile:
US Air Force Rules:
1. Have a cocktail.
2. Adjust temperature on air-conditioner.
3. See what's on HBO.
4. Ask "what is a gunfight?"
5. Request more funding from Congress with a "killer" PowerPoint presentation.
6. Wine & dine 'key' Congressmen, invite DOD & defense industry executives.
7. Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets.
8. Declare the assets "strategic" and never deploy them operationally.
9. Hurry to make 1345 tee-time.
Yes, I would say no real marine wrote those rules. I never heard of a marine create distance. All the marines I ever knew were all about advancing towards the fight in a very destructive sort of way. Guess that in one of the things that makes them terrifying both individually and in numbers.
To start a Marine didn't right them , it has to many nice words in it .....and when I was in we had only one rule......
I think that's 3 rules. Never did think you guy's could add or subtract very well. :tongue:
Originally Posted by SGTMOE
He's just goin off Math for Marines.
Originally Posted by Skygod
Kill 'em all, no math needed.
Originally Posted by Skygod