Unfortunately, a LEO Gone Bad

This is a discussion on Unfortunately, a LEO Gone Bad within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is in my neighborhood: Daily Freeman - Former sheriff's deputy indicted in sex case KINGSTON - An Ulster County grand jury has indicted a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unfortunately, a LEO Gone Bad

Unfortunately, a LEO Gone Bad

This is in my neighborhood:

Daily Freeman - Former sheriff's deputy indicted in sex case

KINGSTON - An Ulster County grand jury has indicted a former county deputy sheriff on charges he sought sexual favors from a girl under the age of 17 in exchange for ignoring a crime, according to the District Attorney's Office.

Jeffrey P. Geskie, 27, of Hurley, was indicted on charges of receiving a bribe and committing a criminal sexual act, both felonies, and official misconduct, a misdemeanor.

The offenses are alleged to have occurred in High Falls on June 2. Authorities at the time said the sexual acts were in exchange for Geskie not filing trespass and other charges against the girl.

"While in uniform, while on duty, he elicited sexual favors from (the girl) in return for looking the other way on criminal charges," Ulster County District Attorney Holley Carnright said in a prepared statement.

Geskie was arrested by the state police and resigned from the Sheriff's Office soon after.

The June arrest was not the first time Geskie found himself in legal trouble. In two lawsuits, he was accused of violating the civil rights of two people in incidents that occurred in 2004, 2005 and 2007.

Kingston attorney Joseph O'Connor, who represented the accusers in those matters, said both cases were settled out of court, though he would not say what his clients received.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    What a Yahoo.

He got caught that time. No tellin how long its been going on.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Sounds to me like he may be exchanging sexual favors again to stay out of the trouble that's ahead...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    disgusting
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Who's going to moniter the moniters? He can put on a badge and a gun; but he's still pathetic.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

"Who's going to moniter the moniters?"

Other moniters, most, the vast majority, of which despise such corruption and lawnessness among their ranks.
    God, country, family.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post

Other moniters, most, the vast majority, of which despise such corruption and lawnessness among their ranks.
    Well said, I'm glad he was caught. Hopefully he will be sent up the proverbial river.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    It is a shame when someone in a position of trust and respect dishonors that trust.

Sounds like its a very good thing he is off the streets. I bet he will have fun in prison.
    Last edited by buckeye .45; August 3rd, 2008 at 02:48 AM.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Sounds like its a very good thing he is off the streets. I bet he will ave fun in prison.
    Yes, he will most definitely be "popular" will some of the inmates he will run into

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfAmmoMan View Post
    Yes, he will most definitely be "popular" will some of the inmates he will run into
    LOL I was about to post this, wonder how many people he locked up,...He'll get locked up with

A case of abuse of power caught.
    I wonder how many(abuse of power) acts happens on a average day that no one ever know's about?
    There are so few that give so many a bad rap.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sounds to me like he may be exchanging sexual favors again to stay out of the trouble that's ahead...
    we can only hope
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Well said, I'm glad he was caught. Hopefully he will be sent up the proverbial river.
    Of course, that remark was for Sing Sing prison, which is "up the [Hudson] river" from NY City.

In this case though, he would be send "down the river", since we are north of Ossining.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    The rest of us don't have any way of knowing about the ones who are quietly given the boot instead of having charges brought against them.

We sure hear about the ones abusing their power and how hostile the police departments are when someone tries to report the problem.

(Alaska State Trooper, based on Prince of Wales Island for much longer than usual. Notorious for demanding sex from women he pulled over for the whole time he was there. Nothing in public about him getting the boot, but nearly everyone on the island knew about him. What sort of publicity damage control was there, and was he even given the boot? He was there about 20 years ago.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links