Secret Service arrest Miami man, guess why. - Page 2

Secret Service arrest Miami man, guess why.

This is a discussion on Secret Service arrest Miami man, guess why. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by nn What about Jesse Jackson? Ditto, I was going to mention this one myself. I never heard anyone in the media mention ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secret Service arrest Miami man, guess why.

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    What about Jesse Jackson?
    Ditto, I was going to mention this one myself. I never heard anyone in the media mention that this ammounted to issuing a threat.

What was he doing in the motel room with his weapons and his gear ? Pistol class ? Carbine class ?

I've stayed in a couple Motel 8's while attending carbine and pistol classes and I would never leave firearms, ammunition and gear in my personally owned vehicle. They all resided with me in the room.

I was however, discreet about the manner in how and when I hauled my weapons cases and ammuntion into the room.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I think this stirs up the question, do you carry too much stuff for personal defense?

Opinions differ. Some prefer a single weapon. Some prefer a BUG. The variations include firearm(s), edged weapon(s), flashlight(s), body armor, extra magazine(s), etc.

I'm not saying one shouldn't carry that much gear, if the feel the need or desire. Playing devil's advocate, if something should arise like the aforementioned situation, it's not going to look favorable to you in the eyes of a good prosecuting attorney and definitely the media, that you're armed to take on a car full of gang-bangers.

Just remember, the media isn't going to say you're a crazy militia member, but they will present enough information to raise the eyebrows of everyone watching.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I didn't know SS protected Candidates I thought MCain had his own private detail.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I didn't know SS protected Candidates I thought MCain had his own private detail.
    Since, 1968, they also protect the major candidates. It was a result of Bobby Kennedy's assassination. Spouses also get protection.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Another idiot gets what he deserves.

I do not like Obama at all and I would rather sit naked on a cactus but, I am not going to make a threat against him serious or in jest. That is just stupid.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I would rather sit naked on a cactus
    Was that a threat?

"Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Sounds to me like they have finally found the infamous "Gecko45" character from Glocktalk fame.........
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Sounds to me like they have finally found the infamous "Gecko45" character from Glocktalk fame.........
    Wrong, from what I read Gecko45 would never be taken alive
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links