Defensive Carry banner

Secret Service arrest Miami man, guess why.

2K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Paco 
#1 ·
#8 ·
It's obvious the guy is an idiot. Probably a mall ninja type.

However, what bothers me is that the media has already convicted this guy, because he had a 9mm handgun, several dozen rounds of ammunition, several knives and some "miltary type" gear.

hmmm, sounds like some people I know.

#10 ·
With the amount and types of weapons I own If they ever picked me up for anything, like somebody shipped 32 pounds of pot to my address they would swear I'm trying to arm my own Squad ,and I'm thinking I need more

#9 ·
To tell you the truth something tells me the Secret Service has their hands full I read where they want over 9 million more for protecting candidates this election,something tells me they are getting a huge number of death threats that are hard to track when mailed anonymously but when you verbally spout off about killing a possible future president you will get a fast visit from the boys in the fancy suits

#11 ·
I remember listening to a radio host back in 1992... It was Dan Savage, in fact (a gay guy who gave love advice to straight folks - don't ask why I was listening), and he said something to the effect of "if Clinton doesn't repeal 'don't ask, don't tell', I'll kill him!" Obviously, he was joking, and nothing in his demeanor or the rest of his show displayed any intent of harm towards the new President. The next day, however, the show was about Mr. Savage's visit from some somber guys in dark suits with some serious questions....

Point of these stories? Don't threaten people with official government protection. Ever.

#17 ·
What was he doing in the motel room with his weapons and his gear ? Pistol class ? Carbine class ?

I've stayed in a couple Motel 8's while attending carbine and pistol classes and I would never leave firearms, ammunition and gear in my personally owned vehicle. They all resided with me in the room.

I was however, discreet about the manner in how and when I hauled my weapons cases and ammuntion into the room.

#18 ·
I think this stirs up the question, do you carry too much stuff for personal defense?

Opinions differ. Some prefer a single weapon. Some prefer a BUG. The variations include firearm(s), edged weapon(s), flashlight(s), body armor, extra magazine(s), etc.

I'm not saying one shouldn't carry that much gear, if the feel the need or desire. Playing devil's advocate, if something should arise like the aforementioned situation, it's not going to look favorable to you in the eyes of a good prosecuting attorney and definitely the media, that you're armed to take on a car full of gang-bangers.

Just remember, the media isn't going to say you're a crazy militia member, but they will present enough information to raise the eyebrows of everyone watching.

Nate

#21 ·
Another idiot gets what he deserves.

I do not like Obama at all and I would rather sit naked on a cactus but, I am not going to make a threat against him serious or in jest. That is just stupid.

#23 ·
Sounds to me like they have finally found the infamous "Gecko45" character from Glocktalk fame.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.