Either Cops need a raise, or starbuck needs a price drop

This is a discussion on Either Cops need a raise, or starbuck needs a price drop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Cop demands free Starbucks, gets suspension - CNN.com Yet another one. Maybe Starbucks needs a price drop....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Either Cops need a raise, or starbuck needs a price drop

Cop demands free Starbucks, gets suspension - CNN.com

Yet another one. Maybe Starbucks needs a price drop.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

JD
    Administrator
    .....I think maybe we just need to have a "War on caffeine" people are all ready suffering from the side effects of said "liquid crack".

Wow, I thought this was a repost. I guess the word hadn't made it up there on what happened to the other one.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    .....I think maybe we just need to have a "War on caffeine" people are all ready suffering from the side effects of said "liquid crack".

What side effects, there are no side effects of too much caffeine, I drink coffee all day when I am not having sweet tea or a Coke and there is nothing wrong with the level of caffeine that I have in my system and you can't say that I have suffered from any negative effects related to the amount of this angelic liquid that I drink I however can tell you of many many good effects I have gotten from it like the ability to have 5 conversations at the same time and cover a week's worth of subject matter in 30 seconds in fact I would think that this post would serve as a good example of just how much the amount of caffeine I consume has benefited me and I'm sure there are many others just like me all over the World who would have to disagree with you and think that caffeine has helped them in their professions and their daily lives just as much as I do.

Now I need to go get another cup of
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

JD
    Administrator
    For some reason I automatically inserted the Micromachine Man's voice to go with that post.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    For some reason I automatically inserted the Micromachine Man's voice to go with that post.
    I actually got more jacked up typing it as fast as I could as I do when I have too much coffee in a day, kind of like I am doing right now.

Funny story kind of related to your first reply. My first trip to Europe I didn't think about the cup sizes being related to the potency of the coffee and I had like 4 cups while waiting on a co worker to come down from his room and then 2 at breakfast and then another one at the office and a bottle of Coke Light (Diet Coke) all before 10 AM, this was the first day and I was JACKED the whole day. My coworkers got a kick out of it.

-Paco

15-month suspension!? What B.S.! If someone's gotta have 15 months on the beach, he/she does not need to be coming back as an officer. Forget her retirement benefits or whatever sob story they're using to justify it.

VIP Member
    "Nevers' attorney says her client never used her job to demand coffee. She says some coffeehouses gave it to her for free because she was an officer."

I guess the screaming and waving her badge or gun wasn't the reason? I hate lawyers.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    What more do you expect from one of Chicago's finest??!!
    Not a rap against LEO's in general. But Chicago has had a reputation for being as honest at the elected officials in that city for years.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Who knows how true the reporting is but if she flashed her gun while demanding coffee that's armed robbery
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Just to be clear, real cops hate cops like Nevers.
    "Just blame Sixto"

They need to come out with those frequent buyer cards. The ones that get punched for every purchase...once you get five punches, you get one free.

VIP Member
    I'd never get a free cup. I can't stand the crap they try and pass off as coffee!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

When they spot officers that seem to be addicted to starbucks they need to develope a ruse to get them away from their guns and then spring an "intervention" on them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links