BAD: MD State Police go Ninja on Ammo Purchases - Page 3

BAD: MD State Police go Ninja on Ammo Purchases

This is a discussion on BAD: MD State Police go Ninja on Ammo Purchases within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 762 nova, if u were a cop now and you got orders to do what this story depicts...would you do it? Put ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BAD: MD State Police go Ninja on Ammo Purchases

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    nova, if u were a cop now and you got orders to do what this story depicts...would you do it?
    Put in my formal protest and quit...then contact every news org in the country and spill the beans.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    Sounds awfull fishy. Why would a full tactical assualt team converge on this one house AND NOT HAVE A WARRANT IN HAND. Without the warrant they don't have any right to enter this mans property. Without the warrant if the homeowner does not give his consent to have the property searched any evidence they may find gets thrown out. It's a wasted trip without the papers. Doesn't sound right.
    I don't doubt it one bit.
    The 'patiot act' has given LE some extraordinary powers under the guise of national security.
    LE can basically write their own warrants and in effect, do it after the fact.
    After hearing some congressmen speak on the subject and admitting they didn't read the whole patriot act before voting, I doubt any of them read it before voting on it.
    I've also not doubt Benjamin Franklin would be pissed if he read it.
    Look it up if you don't believe me.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Tip of the hat and thanks to you, Nova.

However, I've no doubt there'd be a hundred lined up to replace you inside a week.

I don't know about this; Surely had this really happened the news media would have gotten hold of it by now.

As other posters have stated, "I can smell the fish"......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Senior Moderator
    The 'patiot act' has given LE some extraordinary powers under the guise of national security.
    LE can basically write their own warrants and in effect, do it after the fact.

Bullhockey...

Federal LEO's that have certain Judges at their beckon and call might get away with it if they could prove that it was a matter of National Security, but these weren't federal, they were just some of MD's finest.

As for local LEO"S doing it without a warrant and then writing one up, I don't believe that for a second.

If you did that around here, you wouldn't do it but once. You might find yourself in the greybar hotel with some of the jerks that you put in there.

It may be bad in some places on the coasts, but it ain't THAT bad yet.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It may be bad in some places on the coasts, but it ain't THAT bad yet.
    My guess is that by the time we do know how bad it is it will be too late.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Did not want to hijack this thread so I stated another thread I did not know some states register ammo. I am curious as to how many require you to sign for it, so I started a poll be interesting to see your comments on that thread
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I am curious. I have been away for almost two years now, but I can't recall ever having shown ID for an ammo purchase. I have shown it and signed for powder for reloading but not for loaded ammo. How much ammo did this guy supposedly buy and who did he buy it from?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

If it is true then thank God I live in Utah.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Mine usually arrives via UPS, 2 k rounds minimum, and I live in Kalifornia!

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I am curious. I have been away for almost two years now, but I can't recall ever having shown ID for an ammo purchase.
    Some places, WalMart for one for a while, require the checkers actually see an ID and verify the buyer's age when selling ammo that might be used in a handgun. No matter how old the purchaser appears to be.

Others here have mentioned WalMarts where they live taking more information now and then, but not in the last couple of weeks.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Why did he let them into his home without a warrant?

Why did he speak to them without his attorney present?
    Because, if this actually happened, it was about a week after the Berwyn Heights mayor had his mother-in-law thrown to the ground and his dogs executed by a bogus no-knock warrant. Opening the door and asking the nice ninja-cops if they want some lemonade might seem like a much better idea than having your house stormed into.

I do not know if this story is true. As I said before, I would really rather be convinced that it was just Internet BS. Unfortunately, it is entirely plausible in the state of Maryland. And even if it is true, it would not surprise me to see it not make the papers or local news. Why? Because Maryland doesn't like 'gun nuts' and the action can't be blamed on the Ehrlich (Republican former governor) administration.

“What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links