Two Female NY City Cops Busted - Page 2

Two Female NY City Cops Busted

This is a discussion on Two Female NY City Cops Busted within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thats how we roll here in the NYC. Just kidding, More of the story will come out later....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Female NY City Cops Busted

Thats how we roll here in the NYC. Just kidding, More of the story will come out later.

I have a lot of things I could say about this sort of thing. However it isn’t this sites wish to upset the sacred LEOs

I've met / known ones like that ...... can't agree more, they should have been weeded out before this happened... but, NYC will get to pay and so will they.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    I have a lot of things I could say about this sort of thing. However it isn’t this sites wish to upset the sacred LEOs
    And you are allowed to say them as long is it pertains to these specific individuals and not LEOs, in general. We also don't allow LEOs to paint citizens with a broad brush....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I wonder what kind of new cars this guy is going to put into his new house's 'four-car' garage.

Hope these 'losers' pay big time...I know the city will be...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    LADY COPS ARRESTED IN BRONX BEAT - New York Post

Smith's brutal encounter with the cops - who both work out of Bronx Transit District 12 - took place Saturday, authorities said.

Robinson, driving her black Chevy Suburban with Anglin, pulled alongside Smith's parked car on White Plains Road at East 218th Street in the Williamsbridge section.
    My take on this is it's both bad and stupid. If these two are Transit Cops that means they are not really "street" cops, they mostly patrol the NYC Subway system. When I was a kid you almost never saw them "above ground" (things may have changed).

And since one of them was driving "her" car it sounds like they were off duty (Or as off duty as a police officer gets).

Not good!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Any big barrel is bound to have a couple of bad apples. No way to avoid it, but to give credit where it's due, it looks like NYC and NYPD didn't even hesitate to take action. Good for them.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Administrator
    Thats what happens when you put the fox in charge of the hen house.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I've met / known ones like that ...... can't agree more, they should have been weeded out before this happened... but, NYC Taxpayers will get to pay and so will they.
    Corrected for you.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I have a feeling Mr Smith will never have to work again after his lawyer gets done with them and the city of NY.

Question

Is the City responsible for the actions of it's LEOs when they are off duty?

Quote Originally Posted by IfIhaveto View Post
    Question

I guess it might depend on whether or not there is any other evidence in their personnel file or other instances of them stepping out of line while either on or off the job. If there is and the department left them on the job, then yes, the city might have some liability there. I am assuming that the spray, batton, and gun they were using were all issued by the department as well.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I think you gotta take your hat off to New York's finest.

They arrived at the scene and saw evidence that two thugs assaulted an innocent man.

They were'nt swayed by the fact that the two thugs had badges.

It appears that the did the right thing.

Good on 'em!!!!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by IfIhaveto View Post
    Question

Only if they are acting as LEO'S. For example, if I (an off duty LEO) am driving to the grocery store,(in my own car) run a red light and kill somebody, the city has no interest. If I intervene when the grocery store gets robbed, and kill an innocent bystander, you bet the city has liability.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    I think you gotta take your hat off to New York's finest.

They arrived at the scene and saw evidence that two thugs assaulted an innocent man.

They were'nt swayed by the fact that the two thugs had badges.

It appears that the did the right thing.

Good on 'em!!!!
    Yes, indeed. Maybe these two "ladies" were known around town.

I haven't live in NYC for quite a few years. Kinda off topic but, when I lived and worked there(I used to be city ems), there used to be a huge rivalry between the housing authority police, the transit police, and the nypd you see daily. Used to be that a nypd officer would absolutly love the chance at arresting a transit officer, or a housing cop. The nypd, housing authority, and the transit police used to be almost totally seperate departments. Offiers from the different depts used to not even be able to communicate with each other using handheld radios without going through dispatch, even though the worked the same areas. Now the departments were merged and they are now different divisions within the same department(NYPD), but the transit cops like to think of themselves as a seperate department still. I know quite a few nypd officers who were on the job back when the depts were seperate, and they still see the transit cops as tunnel-dwellers, and would love the chance at busting one of them above ground. For some odd reason the transit cops used to see themselves as the elites, housing used to be seen as the lower class of cops, and the regular cops were the grunts. Now the three depts are merged, but like I said the rivalry still goes on especially with the older officers. Used to be a time when the officers would go out of their way to bust an officer from a different department. With this case it looks like the responding officers did a great job.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links