Army v. USMC boot camp

This is a discussion on Army v. USMC boot camp within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For your viewing pleasure Army USMC...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Army v. USMC boot camp

Army v. USMC boot camp

For your viewing pleasure

Army

USMC
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Ahhhhh memories.

I love people with manners...

Stay armed...be polite...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I found the Air Force and Navy Boot Camp Vids:

USAF

USN
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I did Basic at Ft. Lost in the Woods, I didn't have that lady cut my hair. I had some old fart who took hair cutting personally and cut hair so it hurt and you found your "battle face".

Marine Boot is nuts, that is all I can say.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Well, geez. They have videos now huh? That's interesting to say the least. Marines! It's what everyone wants to be but according to the government, they had to grade folks on a curve. I was told I could jump two grades transferring to the Army out of Marine boot camp. Back in the day that would have meant a $300 a month increase in pay. But I thought to myself.....why? May God bless the new recruits.

Administrator
    I was one of the twisted people that liked boot camp (OK, the first couple of weeks stunk) and was kinda of sad when it was over.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I was kind of twisted too... I liked drill. Being out on the grinder and drilling. I could drill for hours and not even get tired.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I hated drill, hated chow-time, hated PT, loved the range: both Grass Week and Range Week, loved martial arts, loved firewatch.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I was kind of twisted too... I liked drill. Being out on the grinder and drilling. I could drill for hours and not even get tired.
    Column of files was nearly the early death of me. When the platoon and the DI all had their groove on, drill was a beautiful thing.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Well, I learned something from the Army drill sergeant. I didn't realize it was acceptable to address somebody by their rank preceded by their last name. Is that specific to Ft. Leonard Wood or is it Army wide?

I mean, I would never call General Bumper "Bumper General." He might take exception and kick me off the forum.

Oh, and another thing, they may be somebody's kids, but they're adults. Please treat them as such.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Brings back old memories,it was more mental then physical for me. At PI we had to PT in the fire ant mounds, dose any one remember that fun time? I was the best in platoon for keeping weapon clean, kept the DI heat off.USMC 81-85. Cling-ON

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Brings back old memories,it was more mental then physical for me. At PI we had to PT in the fire ant mounds, dose any one remember that fun time? I was the best in platoon for keeping weapon clean, kept the DI heat off.USMC 81-85. Cling-ON
    I heard that at PI they would make you stand on the beach and let sand fleas nibble away at you, making you stand at attention. Is this true or did that guy try to pull one over one me? He was a former Marine so I just assumed it was true, but have always been curious.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

I don't remember being on a beach at PI, it was a sandy Island in a swampy coastline, maybe a beach on the left coast. We did however had to stand in formation and "Let the bugs feed". Sometimes it was better to do the push-ups then get chowed!

What I hated most about Air Force Boot was Texas. Mostly the Texas summer. Ridiculous. 100+ degrees at 5:30 am, how do people live there? Drill on a black-topped parade ground in black boots felt like my feet were on fire, top and bottom, and my boots would stick to the asphalt because it was tacky/melting from the heat. I also didn't care for the part where they kept telling me what to do.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links