Army green Class A uniform is no more

This is a discussion on Army green Class A uniform is no more within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why do all the service members look so stiff and uncomfortable in these pictures? They all seem to stick out their necks too far also... ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Army green Class A uniform is no more

EW3
    Why do all the service members look so stiff and uncomfortable in these pictures? They all seem to stick out their necks too far also...

The Class B uniform is so ugly; it's practically guaranteed to never be worn. In my 4 years in the Army, I only remember wearing it 3 times after AIT.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The greens were ugly. The blues, when worn as a dress uniform, look pretty good. Blue slacks, a white short sleeved dress shirt, bloused boots (and keep in mind I'm a paratrooper), and a poorly shaped beret look HORRIBLE - just saying sounds ugly.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    With a little tweaking they could make that blue uniform into the one used during the War of Northern Aggression, those were pretty snazzy.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

is it just me or do army uniforms just continue to look less and less profesional with each revision? just let me keep my greens, spurs, and stetson and leave me alone.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    S&W is way too upscale. I think you're looking for a Rossi.
    I don't think Rossi even MADE any nickel-plated guns, though.....

(and I'd think it'd be tough to find mother of pearl grips for them, too)

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    and a poorly shaped beret look HORRIBLE - just saying sounds ugly.
    Sometimes I think the only Army that knows how to wear a beret is the British Army. Ours sure doesn't seem to know how.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

So how much you want to be that every one of the people that voted for these uniforms will be conveniently retired, laughing their rear ends off, before these things are issued?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    Looks like 3rd world too me. mabe South America , Mexico?

+1 on that!

Ditch the gold stripe on the trousers... You don't blouse the trousers on any dress uniform and icksnay on the beret except for airborne, rangers & SF. And for goodness sakes... give the rangers their black berets back!

That was the stupidest command decision ever made when they gave the black beret to the general troops after an elite unit had been wearing them and earning them since their inception.

If I were an army troop being issued a black beret that belonged to the rangers, I'd quit and join the Marines!

(oops... I did join the Marines!)

PC police is killing our country. Everyone has to have a beret to make them "feel special!"

As far as the Marine Utility... The only decent Marpat is the Desert Marpat. Don't much care for the Woodland version. But that's just me. Thank god the army isn't stealing our eight point covers! I do believe that would cause a second civil war!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Well, if you don't like blousing the trousers with dress blues, maybe this would be a better choice:

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Sometimes I think the only Army that knows how to wear a beret is the British Army. Ours sure doesn't seem to know how.
    SF, Rangers, and (most) Airborne folks can wear a beret...the rest of the Army, not so much.

And I think the Brit berets look great on them, but I wouldn't want to wear one that way.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Security Gaurds

What a bunch of crap. Watch inlistments go to hell. Army IMO is OD, and should always remain OD. Dam yuppies, always have to change tradition.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    And I think the Brit berets look great on them, but I wouldn't want to wear one that way.
    I got to see the German Bundeswehr Beret when I was over here; they are very similar to the Brits. The key is that they are much smaller than our pizza hats and look much better.

"Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

1943 - 2009
    rodc13, that pic is pretty funny!

In the early 60s, (it was discontinued around 1965 or so) the Army had an approved tropical climate uniform. It consisted of a short sleeve khaki shirt, khaki Bermuda shorts, knee socks with black low quarter shoes, topped off with a Jungle Jim style pith helmet.

I actually had to wear this get-up while pulling main gate MP duty at Fort Monroe, Virginia in 1963.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Well, if you don't like blousing the trousers with dress blues, maybe this would be a better choice:

Oh, that is just painful to look at. Especially the goofy grin from the dude in the middle.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charmincarmens View Post
    What a bunch of crap. Watch inlistments go to hell. Army IMO is OD, and should always remain OD. Dam yuppies, always have to change tradition.
    Actually, the blue uniform is much older than the OD one, and, when worn properly and ENTIRELY, it looks much better than the "Class As."

It is this mismash of short sleeves, beret, and Guatemalan Generalissimo that looks bad...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links