NJ weapons for war: Weapons seizure: Merged

This is a discussion on NJ weapons for war: Weapons seizure: Merged within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; JERSEY CITY, N.J. - (WABC) -- Police have seized dozens of weapons from a home in Jersey City. It is awesome firepower. Weapons that could ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ weapons for war: Weapons seizure: Merged

NJ weapons for war: Weapons seizure: Merged

JERSEY CITY, N.J. - (WABC) -- Police have seized dozens of weapons from a home in Jersey City.
    It is awesome firepower. Weapons that could fire rounds to pierce bullet proof vests and do considerable damage.
    Jersey City police discovered the weapons on Friday after responding to a call of a man threatening another man with a handgun.
    According to investigators, the victim was repairing his Ford Windstar in the driveway of 89 Dwight Street. When he went to the rear of 87 Dwight Street to retrieve a part for his van, the suspect, 55-year-old Edwin Wise, came out of 87 Dwight Street, approached him and said, "get off of my property." Mr. Wise then removed what appeared to be a black handgun from the small of his back and placed the gun to the victim's head and threatened him, police said. The victim then ran for safety and called for help.

Police recovered 28 firearms from Wise's home - 20 handguns, 3 shotguns, 3 rifles and 2 assault rifles - including the .380 semi-automatic handgun that was used against the victim.
    Police said the weapons were strategically placed in the house near windows, fully loaded and ready for battle.
    Wise has been called a survivalist because the house was stocked with food, water and weapons. Police say Wise hasn't been allowed to LEGALLY buy any guns since 1975.
    Authorities say the guns were purchased in North and South Carolina where Wise simply altered his name and social security number to buy high powered assault weapons and ten thousand rounds of ammunition.
    "This is a classic example of someone who was rejected by the State of New Jersey to own and possess firearms, but who used alternative routes to purchase more than two dozen deadly weapons in a gun-liberal 2 southern state," said Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy.
    Investigators believe if the guns had gotten into the hands of criminals, the carnage would have been incredible because they are weapons for war.
    Unless he had a SC drivers license how could he buy a firearm in a state he doesn't reside in.I really wanta gag when they made the comment gun liberal Southern State isn't that like discrimination.It's clear he wasn't allowed to own guns and the fact he threatened somebody for no reason shows why.instead of trying to point out the fact he had guns he legally shouldn't have ,shut up and enforce the law and put him away.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Yahoo!

so if i buy 2 AK's, i am in trouble?

See how the media is pushing guns? make them sound like "war weapons" will share the even more.
    Last edited by JD; September 11th, 2008 at 09:43 AM.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Oh my Lord, this guy had one of those deadly semi-auto .380 pistols?

He purchased then in one of them thar' Southern gun-friendly states? I wonder if them thar' states is have any sales?

We're all doomed...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

"the house was stocked with food, water and weapons" The media grasps at straws every chance they get with this one.

can someone tell me what state says "your not allowed to have anymore guns"?
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

wpk
    Quote Originally Posted by G96X0 View Post
    "the house was stocked with food, water and weapons"

Going to the grocery store and stocking up on food must be a horrible crime. And imagine having water!!

Quote Originally Posted by G96X0 View Post
    "the house was stocked with food, water and weapons" The media grasps at straws every chance they get with this one.
    Imagine what the press would say if they visited any one of our houses?

What a bunch of ninnies [most polite thing I could come up with]
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    can someone tell me what state says "your not allowed to have anymore guns"?
    From the yahoo video I tried to post but couldn't figure out, NJ has a file and on his they stamped "NO MORE GUNS." Didn't say that he had committed some crime, only that they didn't want him to have any more.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    From the yahoo video I tried to post but couldn't figure out, NJ has a file and on his they stamped "NO MORE GUNS." Didn't say that he had committed some crime, only that they didn't want him to have any more.
    yeah, that puzzles me. is there a law saying some bureaucrats can dictate to a citizen what he can have and what he cant?

I know the easy answer is "it's New Jersey", but that's wrong, and the guy saying sounded like he was running on emotion.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Yeah...they also mention something about the the ATF labeling all mulitple gun purchases as "suspicious," so maybe wanting a gun or buying a couple is enough evidence to prove that you're not stable enough to own one. The only people that should be granted permission to purchase are card-carrying members of the Brady Bunch.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by wpk View Post
    Going to the grocery store and stocking up on food must be a horrible crime. And imagine having water!!

Now something isn't right here. The State of Florida recently told everyone living here to stock up on water and food. They keep telling us to be prepared. I guess New Jersey wants its citizens to be dependent upon them in all situations.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

wpk
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    Now something isn't right here. The State of Florida recently told everyone living here to stock up on water and food. They keep telling us to be prepared. I guess New Jersey wants its citizens to be dependent upon them in all situations.

Florida must be a WAR ZONE!! Holy crap!!

VIP Member
    in a gun-liberal 2 southern state
    Exactly what, Mayor Healy, is "a gun-liberal 2 southern state?" Because if you were trying to say "in two southern, gun-liberal states," you didn't. Please go back to first grade, and study up on plurals. You'd think that a NJ liberal, two brain-celled mayor would be able to put together a single (or is that a plural?) sentence for the press...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

[QUOTE=762;842544]yeah, that puzzles me. is there a law saying some bureaucrats can dictate to a citizen what he can have and what he cant?[QUOTE]

Evidently there is no NEED for such a law in some states, all it takes is the whim of some politician or low level beaurocrat.

At first I thought when they said he wasn't allowed to have guns it was because he was a convicted felon or one of the other reasons on an ATF form 4473 to disqualify a purchase,but if they just decide that you can't have a gun sounds like violation of your 2nd amendment tights
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links