Defensive Carry banner

Crossing the US/Canada border with my Glocks.

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  GunnyBunny 
#1 ·
I just attended a pistol match in Bremerton, Wa., sponsored by Glock. This required me to cross the border from Canada (yes I'm Canadian) into the US and back again. This was the first time I had crossed the border with firearms since 9/11. I had been down many times previously. I travelled by ferry from Victoria (south end of Vancouver Island) to Port Angeles, Wa. In the ferry line-up I informed the CBP agent on the Victoria side of what I was transporting and was told to take my paperwork inside. I grabbed my three ring binder of paperwork and off I went. In the booth I showed them my Canadian firearms license and registration certificates, my Canadian authorization to transport, my ATF form six listing the firearms and ammo, and my invitation and registration for the match. A quick show and tell of the two Glocks and I was good to go. It was pretty much an instant replay on the US side, though shorter as the Victoria guys had emailed them a heads up.
Coming back North was even easier. I just had to deal with one Customs guy as I came off the ferry on the way home. He wasn't interested in my ATF stuff. I just showed him all my Canadian paperwork and I was through in a few minutes. I didn't even have to pop the case to show him the Glocks.
Guess it goes to show the benefits of proper planning and having your paperwork together.
Just don't ask me how I did at the match!:frown:

See less See more
#6 ·
A picture book case of how these things should work...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.