Remembering Sept. 10th and 11th 2001: MERGED

This is a discussion on Remembering Sept. 10th and 11th 2001: MERGED within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 9-11 as it happens is my birthday . I truly resent that some in our great nation seem to think that the danger has passed ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remembering Sept. 10th and 11th 2001: MERGED

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    9-11 as it happens is my birthday . I truly resent that some in our great nation seem to think that the danger has passed . Radical Islam , like inner city violence has a lot of " root causes " that will not be improved by throwing money at it since the money seems to stick to a few and benefit no one else. The thing we have to understand is that as long as the Arab/Persian nations remain destitute in spite of the oil revenues pouring inn we will have young people ready to end their lives for any financial benefit to their family. Sadam paid familys of homocide bombers for their lives and thusly some mis guided young folks prostituted themselves in the worst possible way ( even more dramatically than our elected representatives do running for office ) . While the Sauds and their support of a extreme Mahdra for children bear some blame, the real blame lies in the fact that a month's pay for us here would amount to several years income in many of the country's of islam . We must combat the terrs on several fronts at once , we must engage in nation building and support constitutional republics ( does iraq sound familiar to anyone here ? ) . We must also harden our hearts against those who would harm us ( There is a story about " Black Jack Pershing " in the Philippines ordering the sewing of dead " moro" terrorists into pig skins so they could not enter heaven . I have no idea if its true but is shows a level of commitment to " Win " that we dont have today ) . Now that i have rambled a bit I will bring it home in the sense that if you force me into shooting you i will not spend a lot of time worrying about your civil rights . If you want civil rights then act civil . If you come violently against me and mine i will react violently , i will kill you if it costs me my life . Yes violence begats violence so dont bring it to me because you wont like my response . America as a nation needs to remember that lesson .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

I had joined the military on 28 Jun 01. That day, I was in Technical School learning my job. The goal "Putting planes in the air to drop bombs and kill those who deserve to die".

Still doing it today.
    Last edited by Shotdown; September 11th, 2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Deleted a profanity workaround.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

I still get a deep emotional feeling in my gut like a sinking feeling and my eyes well up thinking about what happened to us. As far as I'm concerned we will never kill enough of them for what they did to us!

I had 2 friends and 2 coworkers in the WTC that day, and 2 more friends that were supposed to be there.

Three of them were in WTC 1 when it got hit. My friend who I had just visited that weekend in Manhattan for his birthday was somewhere around the 35th floor. He got out OK, but with some horrific stories to tell. My coworkers were somewhere around the 95th floor and they died.

They evacuated our tower even though it was 300 miles away, as a precaution.

I just remember being really angry and sad. I'm still angry.

If Obama gets elected, we can expect another 9/11 in our future.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    To be honest I expect another attempt anyway, regardless of who is in office. It was 8 years between WTC attacks, the 2nd time they succeeded. They have not won their war, they will try again.

They won't try to hijack planes again. Passengers won't let them, that has been proven. If anything they will use shoulder fired rockets, old school terrorism. They will hit other targets, our buses, trains, and OTR trucks are prime. Can you imagine many OKC style delivery trucks all driving down busy streets, peppered through the country, all going off within minutes of each other? The chaos that would ensue, even if the death toll was low, the massive amounts of panic and after affects would be disastrous.

Like I said in another thread, "Load up brothers and sisters..." We need to be ready to defend ourselves in every way, not just against the knucklehead car jacker but against our greatest foe, the one who is hidden and is already within our borders.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Why, do you think that even as a Democrat he cares any less for the security of our country? Do you think the people in our homeland security, cia, fbi or the military will simply start not doing their jobs if Obama happens to be elected. It will be a sad day indeed if we rely simply on the president himself to keep our country safe, and fail to recognize the thousands of individuals that work hard daily to protect our nation.

This really should not be a political day at all.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    To be honest I expect another attempt anyway, regardless of who is in office. It was 8 years between WTC attacks, the 2nd time they succeeded. They have not won their war, they will try again.
    The evil that caused this is still out there. We must not forget. We must not let our guard down.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

I was actually flying my Cessna about 75 miles north of NYC that day. I remember getting all sorts of chatter on the radio from other pilots, and then hearing from Air Traffic Control that all airspace was being closed down.

It certainly was a profound day that changed our world as we know it. Photo below taken from my plane a year or so after 9/11.
    Attached Images
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    To be honest I expect another attempt anyway, regardless of who is in office.
    +1

I "feel" the same. Hopefully we are wrong. But it is an attack on our way of life, and our way of live includes a lot of personal freedoms.

I'm not sure there is a solution. If we live in fear, the terrorists win. So, IMO, sooner or later, something will happen. We should stand united when that time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Why, do you think that even as a Democrat he cares any less for the security of our country?
    Well Dems are against the War On Terror and like to decrease military spending.

They would rather take a defensive approach instead of an offensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    This really should not be a political day at all.
    True.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

My granddaughter did good today. She’s about to turn 12 & in 6th grade. She was about to turn 5 when the events of 9/11 occurred.

The teacher asked them today, “who knows what happened on 9/11”. I was told, my grand-daughter’s hand went up and she told her about how terrorist used aircraft to blow up the twin towers, Pentagon, etc…. and so on… all the what’s, etc. She explained about the people on Flight 93 fighting to retake the plane so more people would not be killed, and even explained how all aircraft were grounded in the USA for the first time ever that day.

The teacher kept asking questions after her rather long answer, and my grand-daughter kept answering them. Finally the teacher asked her, you were 4 yrs old when this happened … how do you know all of this. Her answer : because my grand-father showed me pictures and TV News broadcasts, and he explained everything about it to me ….. how many died, why it happened, …… and told me “to never forget”. “ I promised him I wouldn’t “ .

The teacher contacted me afterwards, explained what went on… and told me that I had explained it very well to her and that she had never seen a 6th grader so knowledgable and well versed. She said she was "amazed" and that she felt like she didn't even need to be there, "because your grand-daughter did most of the talking today, and did so well, I just let her do it".

I was proud of her.

My .02 cents….. don’t forget to tell them… so it isn’t something they learn about because it’s on some page in a history book.

Way to go Eagleks best way to never forget. Keep the truth the truth!!!

Well Dems are against the War On Terror and like to decrease military spending.

They would rather take a defensive approach instead of an offensive one.

I don't think the facts back up that statement. Many Dems may now be against the military action in Iraq and how that conflict has been fought, but they are not the only ones, McCain himself was against the way the campaign was handled for several years, but you won't find many that are against going after Bin Laden and the folks that are actually responsible for the attacks on 9/11.

BTW, this year 112 soldiers have died in Afganistan, the most since the first year we went into that country. It looks like that fight is going to get bigger at least in the near future for our troops there.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links