Mayhem after the election?

This is a discussion on Mayhem after the election? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIXTO In a way, I hope it does happen. I think it would bring to the surface all that is twisted in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayhem after the election?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    In a way, I hope it does happen. I think it would bring to the surface all that is twisted in peoples minds and bring a lot of issues to the surface that we love to keep swept under the rug.
    The struggle is that no one seems to learn anything.
    The idiots riot. It's all society/The Man/somebody else's fault.
    It's never their choices.

I don't see this being different. If Obama doesn't win, and especially if it's in any way close or controversial, we will hear all kinds of crap.
    Whether it's true or not never seems to matter.

Will there be riots? I broke my crystal ball the last move we made, so I can't see into the future. But, I have to say, I wouldn't be surprised to see rioting.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    On Sept 2 some idiot in Philli named Fatimah Ali basically called for a race war if obama looses.

"If McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race and class war, fueled by a deflated and depressed country, soaring crime, homelessness - and hopelessness!"

Grab a barf bag and read the entire editorial here Fatimah Ali: We need Obama, not 4 more years of George Bush | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/02/2008
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    On Sept 2 some idiot in Philli named Fatimah Ali basically called for a race war if obama looses.

"If McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race and class war, fueled by a deflated and depressed country, soaring crime, homelessness - and hopelessness!"

Grab a barf bag and read the entire editorial here Fatimah Ali: We need Obama, not 4 more years of George Bush | Philadelphia Daily News | 09/02/2008

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    I dont think much if anything will happen.

Most people are too apathetic to actually put themselves at risk by doing something stupid.

There may be some isolated incidences of someone spazzing out, but then there always is.

Or, I could be wrong. In any case, in the big scheme of things it wont matter much anyhow.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I don't put much stock in Media predictions - any more than I do in their principles.
    During and directly following the Rodney King affair, I distinctly remember the Media predicting wide-spread rioting all across the nation.
    The next day had predictions of rioting at named cities across the nation.
    The next day, they predicted rioting at specific times in named cities across the nation.
    The next day there was mention of a couple of minor incidents in the news.
    The Media was trying to instigate riots!!!
    I remember this very well because I work for the City Utilities, and that week I was on 24/7 call - usually covering the parts of town where a white boy like me is already a novelty. Yes, I was in "Condition (deep) Orange" for the whole week. Unfortunately, this was one of the media's target cities. Fortunately, Austin is actually a fairly quiet town so the attempt failed here.
    (I still get to feeling "hostile" whenever I recall that week of un-necessarily-tense, media-driven crapppp.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Responding to OP.

The result of the election worries me less then the violence that might follow if something were to happen to a canadite or once they are president-elected. I am very grateful to the secreat service agents that protect presidential candidates.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I'm not too worried about a huge spazz if Obama loses, my fear is that if some yahoo shoots him we will have HUGE problems! *NOTE* I do not advocate this action He is a family man and a fellow American. Just because I don't agree with his style of leadership, I would not wish this on anyone or their family!*NOTE* The impact of something like that happening would (IMO) cause a huge fissure in our country, and probably race wars like this country has never experienced.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Responding to OP.

The result of the election worries me less then the violence that might follow if something were to happen to a canadite or once they are president-elected. I am very grateful to the secreat service agents that protect presidential candidates.
    +1
    I guess we do agree on something
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

I'm more worried about what will happen to the country if he wins, the rest is temporary fallout.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I'm not too worried about a huge spazz if Obama loses, my fear is that if some yahoo shoots him we will have HUGE problems! *NOTE* I do not advocate this action He is a family man and a fellow American. Just because I don't agree with his style of leadership, I would not wish this on anyone or their family!*NOTE* The impact of something like that happening would (IMO) cause a huge fissure in our country, and probably race wars like this country has never experienced.
    The smartest and most relevant post on the thread imho . What differentiates all of us from the " hard left " or i suppose you could say the " hard right " is that we believe. We believe the system works , and also we believe that on the few occasions it does not , well its self correcting if you just give it a chance .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

and if the driver of the truck would have stayed in this vehicle he would not have been beated with a brick. I bet he will never leave his vehicle if that type of thing happens again around him.

Reginald Denny was dragged from his truck and beaten nearly to death. He stopped to keep from running over some rioters-big mistake. One of the attackers has been shot to death since the incident.

YouTube - LA Riots - Reginald Denny

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Considering what happened after the Rodney King verdict, I have no doubt that when Obama loses there will be rioting in every metropolitan area with a significant black population. Jesse Jackson, Al sharpton and their ilk will be there to stoke the flames. The results will be tied up in court for months and we may well collapse in anarchy.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

" and if the driver of the truck would have stayed in this vehicle he would not have been beated with a brick. " I agree and if he had a pistol he could have defended himself from the animals who beat him . However he had no means of defense from the mob , and the animals took him . This post is not about race , rather it is about class . Some folks feel entitled , and as such anytime something goes wrong for them ( be it a court thing or a hurricane thing )some of us consider it an open opportunity to acquire what we might not other wise afford . Now the way i was raised we call this THEFT . Granted i was not reared in hurricane country , but none the less taking crap out of stores is called looting . Hell i dont live in a hurricane area i live in colorado . and i own not one but two generators , the smallest that will run my entire house , the big one runs my welder ( kinda ) . On an average day i have at minimum two 5 gal cans of gas here to run small moters . Many days i have 4 or more . I have quit " trading " guns , and am now in a buy as i can setting . Tho i am an illiterate redneck the fact of the matter is that i actually have more " expendable " income than your average harvard graduate . In the last 12 months i have accumulated 26 pistols , and 19 rifles . 7 of the above i bought new and thusly would conform to any " gunshow loophole " that would not bar all private sales ( i bought them from a store and took thestandard ID check ) . Today i own 116 firearms that i can say the sale had no inspection . Tomorrow it will be more . That count by the way does not factor in my skimpy machine room abilitys . Right now i am buying a lot of " untrackable " guns , and am selling few to none . Makes me a poor puppy , but i think in the long run ill be ok .

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post

You should see what the white supremacists and neo-nazis are writing about what will happen if Obama wins. Lots of true believers there, advocating assassination, race war, armed insurrection, genocide, ethnic cleansing and just about any other violent act these bits of excrement could think up to perform on other Americans.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Yes, I think whoever wins will result in a riot. If McCain wins there will be a riot immediately. If Obama wins, there will be a riot after the first assasination attempt, whether it is successful or not.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links