I've never cared for Budweiser beer, but....

This is a discussion on I've never cared for Budweiser beer, but.... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks for posting it on the Forum Bumper. It's the most amazing commercial. My wife has never seen it though & Thanks To Bumper...I'll be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've never cared for Budweiser beer, but....

Administrator

Thumbs up I've seen that only once before

Thanks for posting it on the Forum Bumper.
    It's the most amazing commercial.
    My wife has never seen it though & Thanks To Bumper...I'll be able to show it to her this evening.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    It has been around for awhile.

I hate to say it, but my first thought when I saw it was how different from what us older folks saw during the Vietnam era. Back then if you wore your uniform in public you were likely to get spit on.

I'm sure glad things have changed!
    amen to that. first hing I did when I got out was go to the restroom remove my uniform, put on civies and dumped thew uniform in the trash. then got on the plane for home and kept my mouth shut.

Assistant Administrator
    raevan - a sad reflection on things then - very sad.

So many guys were treated like scum and I am still appalled when I think back - even now so long after.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan
    amen to that. first hing I did when I got out was go to the restroom remove my uniform, put on civies and dumped thew uniform in the trash. then got on the plane for home and kept my mouth shut.
    Yea, it was a real sad period in our history. I was in from '64 till '85, for a long time my neighbors didn't know what I did when I lived off Post. Really sad.

I'm just glad the kids defending us today don't have to go through that.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

That's from desert storm, if I remember right.

Nope, I don't drink AB products, but I sure appreciate that commercial. Only wish that it was Sam Adams or Shiner Bock that made it :)

Oh, and AB isn't a stranger to CCW issues, they backed Prop. B when MO tried to pass a ballot issue allowing CCW. The ballot failed (we got CCW a few years later), but they did issue a statement in favor.
    http://www.moccw.org/ab.html
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

OD*
    That's from desert storm, if I remember right.
    The commercial first aired during last years Super Bowl.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Yeah,"You were likely to get spit upon" in the US. Towards the end of the "war"(I seem to remember it was late '73) I went on R&R with a Ausssie friend of mine to Germany. We were told by some Germans to make sure to take and wear our uniforms out in town. They were ever so right. We couldn't buy a drink, or most of the times, meals. The German civilians loved us and gave us the utmost respect. After a short while we were given R&R again and we went to Australia and then on to New Zealand. The same in both those countries,which had troops in VN. They absolutely loved,respected,and almost totally backed their troops in SE Asia. Not the same in my hometown of Pensacola Fla. That's one reason that I chose to spend my retirement years elsewhere.(But I once again live in Pensacola.) I came home on leave from VN a couple of times and my high school friends would not even want to go out for a beer with me. Those were the same people that were lieing and cheating to get outta the draft while some of us joined right out of HS.(or in my case before graduation)(The delayed entry program) I'm very glad that times have changed. America,for the most part,backs it's troops. But that will change as it did in the '70's if we allow this "liberation/rebuilding of Iraq" to drag out too long. I would very much hate to see the US divided as it was back then. ----------
    Last edited by RSSZ; December 16th, 2005 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OD
    The commercial first aired during last years Super Bowl.
    My mistake... Thought it was older than that.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links