411 Guns Surrendered at Brooklyn 'Gun Buyback'

This is a discussion on 411 Guns Surrendered at Brooklyn 'Gun Buyback' within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My question is, what are they doing with them? 1010 WINS New York's #1 source for local news, traffic and weather - 411 Guns Surrendered ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 411 Guns Surrendered at Brooklyn 'Gun Buyback'

My question is, what are they doing with them?

1010 WINS New York's #1 source for local news, traffic and weather - 411 Guns Surrendered at Brooklyn 'Gun Buyback'

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- Brooklyn's 'Gun Buyback' drive has been a success.

411 guns were collected yesterday at several churches.

During the first buyback in July, 697 guns taken off the streets of Brooklyn.

On Saturday, people who own illegal guns were able to trade them for $200 bank cards at six churches in southern Brooklyn. All transactions were completely anonymous. The bank cards, issued by Chase Bank, can be used as a debit card, or money can be withdrawn at any ATM.

A third buyback is tentatively scheduled for sometime in October.

There is no limit to the number of guns participants can surrender, but they will only be paid for three.

Handguns, rifles and shotguns will be accepted. Functional BB guns and air pistols can be exchanged for a $20 bank card. The guns must be functional. No guns will be accepted from active or retired law-enforcement officials.

Guns must be in a paper or plastic bags or shoe boxes when brought to the churches. If transported by car, they must be in the trunk of the car.

Plain clothes police officers and members of the NYPD Brooklyn District Attorney Squad were on hand in the churches yesterday to accept the firearms.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Maybe I should get that case of Mosin Nagants at $59 each and sell them for $200 to the stupid folks in Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    Maybe I should get that case of Mosin Nagants at $59 each and sell them for $200 to the stupid folks in Brooklyn.
    Hmm, not a bad idea
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Idiots...collecting grandma's old guns and the criminals still have theirs.....exactly who is paying for all this stupidity?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Now they can get a better illegal gun........
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Idiots...collecting grandma's old guns and the criminals still have theirs.....exactly who is paying for all this stupidity?
    We are.......
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    If they ever do something like that around here, I intend to have a lot of cash and be working the line ahead of the buy back.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I wish they'd do something like that close to me. Years ago, I bought a couple of old 22 single shot rifles from a guy for $5.00 apiece. I sure would like to sell them for $200.00 each.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

buy back

Actually, back in the day, it was Raven .25s and SKS rifles we traded in by the case. It was $50 for handguns and $200 for "assault weapons". My job was to strip all the magazines and spare parts, somebody else was at the front of the line making....better offers. The last time the local PD tried it, three of the local gun shops bankrupted them in an hour. Now they just give away shoe gift certificates. As far as I'm concerned, trading in junk is the best way to handle these programs.

When is the next buy back? You mean I can buy a truck load of Hi-Points at $125 each and trade them for a $200 gift card. $75 per gun is more than most dealers make. :)

Welcome to my fair city.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The taxpayers, most likely.
    Mykel

more later...

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I'll go along with Superhouse 15.I have an old raven 25 kicking around that I'd love to get $200 for so I could buy another Markov and Mosin for that piece of crap. Anytime you can beat a buy back program I am all for it ! It's sad people die but you can get hit crossing the street !

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- Brooklyn's 'Gun Buyback' drive has been a success. 411 guns were collected yesterday at several churches.

During the first buyback in July, 697 guns taken off the streets of Brooklyn.

On Saturday, people who own illegal guns were able to trade them for $200 bank cards at six churches in southern Brooklyn. All transactions were completely anonymous.
    It is no wonder that Hi-Points are one of the targets by the New York City mayor. At $200, people can buy them and legally resell them to officials in NY for a profit without any questions asked.

Someone in NY does not understand Economics 101.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    I wish they'd do something like that close to me. Years ago, I bought a couple of old 22 single shot rifles from a guy for $5.00 apiece. I sure would like to sell them for $200.00 each.

Hoss
    Yup. I got a worn out 22 and an old bolt action mossberg 20 gauge that isn't worth 10 bucks. Sounds like easy money to me.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links