ATF Loses 76 guns

This is a discussion on ATF Loses 76 guns within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Audit: ATF lost 76 weapons, hundreds of laptops - Yahoo! News Click the bottom for the full PDF from USDOJ. OOOOO THE IRONY!!!! Can we ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATF Loses 76 guns

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

ATF Loses 76 guns

Audit: ATF lost 76 weapons, hundreds of laptops - Yahoo! News

Click the bottom for the full PDF from USDOJ.

OOOOO THE IRONY!!!!

Can we pull their FFL NOW PLEASE!!!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Can we pull their FFL NOW PLEASE!!!
    That's what I'm talking about! What what happen to your local FFL if his inventory and his paperwork had a 76 gun discrepancy? He'd never see daylight again.
    When in doubt, just ask yourself, "What would Theodore Roosevelt do?"

Every society is 3 missed meals away from anarchy.

I think some people need to be fired,especially any agents that failed to report their stolen weapons
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thirty-five of the missing handguns, rifles, Tasers and other weapons were stolen, as were 50 laptops, the internal audit found. Two of the stolen weapons were used in crimes.
    Now how could that happen? ATF has some criminals working there? Or else security is lacking. Either way, it doesn't sound good.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    This is one of those moments people.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

what more can we expect from government.

Do as we say, not as we do....hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

lol

yea lets see one of use be that sloopy an u would be screwed
    how un fair and the guns are probly in the safes of the agents ,,no wonder they do not pay for guns and ammo ,,we pay for it and they still have jobs ,,,what a joke
    Last edited by pgrass101; September 17th, 2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Removed language work around

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashed View Post
    yea lets see one of use be that sloopy an u would be
    how un fair and the guns are probly in the safes of the agents ,,no wonder they do not pay for guns and ammo ,,we pay for it and they still have jobs ,,,what a joke
    Well, with all due respect, you are being that sloppy in your spelling and grammar right now. Not everyone is perfect, all the time, right?

Secondly, since when do ATF agents not have to pay for guns and ammo? Certainly, they are issued duty weapons and ammo, as are almost all law enforcement officers - would you prefer it otherwise?

Also - and please bear in mind that I am not excusing any malfeasance going on here - the military loses VASTLY more weapons and ammunition every year, but we don't hear everyone screaming about how bad/evil/corrupt/incompetent the military is... Because this is a group that most gun owners don't like, they (we) are oh-so-quick to jump on the bashing bandwagon.

Find out what happened, make those that were negligent or grossly incompetent pay. To paint then entire government with the single brush of this one report is just silly.

Glass houses, ladies and gentlemen. Lest you start thinking that you've never made a mistake.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

so not only did they lose them but some were used in crimes so proof of it not just being a paperwork misplacement.
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Did the ATF just put assault weapons on the streets?
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Well, with all due respect, you are being that sloppy in your spelling and grammar right now. Not everyone is perfect, all the time, right?

Secondly, since when do ATF agents not have to pay for guns and ammo? Certainly, they are issued duty weapons and ammo, as are almost all law enforcement officers - would you prefer it otherwise?

Also - and please bear in mind that I am not excusing any malfeasance going on here - the military loses VASTLY more weapons and ammunition every year, but we don't hear everyone screaming about how bad/evil/corrupt/incompetent the military is... Because this is a group that most gun owners don't like, they (we) are oh-so-quick to jump on the bashing bandwagon.

Find out what happened, make those that were negligent or grossly incompetent pay. To paint then entire government with the single brush of this one report is just silly.

Glass houses, ladies and gentlemen. Lest you start thinking that you've never made a mistake.

Granted I agree people make mistakes. But the military is fighting for our freedom not trying to prove their agencies existance through unreasonable audits, raids, and even that matter cruel and unuasual punishment for manufactor defects, ooo and and shut down gun stores, and manufactures.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

VIP Member
    I'm no fan of the "F" part of the BATFE, believe me...but slamming them for what is a common occurance (other agencies lose what they have a lot of, just as other private businesses and individuals do, as well) just smacks of "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" to me. If we're going to beat them up over this, we must also be willing to beat up everyone else who has made mistakes.

Now, if we just want to beat up the BATFE because they partially exist to enforce what most of us believe to be un-Constitutional laws, then by all means let's have at it!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I'm no fan of the "F" part of the BATFE, believe me...but slamming them for what is a common occurance (other agencies lose what they have a lot of, just as other private businesses and individuals do, as well) just smacks of "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" to me. If we're going to beat them up over this, we must also be willing to beat up everyone else who has made mistakes.

Now, if we just want to beat up the BATFE because they partially exist to enforce what most of us believe to be un-Constitutional laws, then by all means let's have at it!
    I just find it Hypocritical.........and when one is proven to be a hypocrite in my book ALL crediblility is lost......Part of the problem or part of the solution!

Yeah, but part of the problem is, if this was an FFL who lost 76 guns, he/she would be in jail never to see the light of day again...be branded an "illegal gun dealer"--or some other nonsense by the media. The ATF level of culpability is less than an FFL--and the punishment is administrative for this oversight, versus a revocation of FFL, loss of livelihood, and criminal charges.

Any criticism of the BATFE has been earned in spades.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

In Connecticut, a lost or stolen weapon that goes unreported is a crime with penalties. I pity the the service person that loses his issue weapon... maybe a court martial offense, brig time, or loss of pay among other things.

The ATF deserves the criticism it is getting for losing those weapons. If they hold us citizens to such high standards and penalizes us for any infractions, then they should be held to the same standards and penalize as such.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links