Back at it!

This is a discussion on Back at it! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some who have been hanging out here long enough know that I've spent a considerable amount of my career (LEO) as a undercover agent. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back at it!

Administrator

Back at it!

Some who have been hanging out here long enough know that I've spent a considerable amount of my career (LEO) as a undercover agent. I got out earlier this year and returned to good old fashioned uniformed police work because I was burnt out. Travel, hours kept and danger takes a toll, so back to road patrol I went.

Fast forward a few months, and my cell phone rings. Its a boss for one of the state agencies I've been assigned to in the past. He wants to know if I could help them out on a organized crime ring they are working on... my meatheaded self says, "Sure, I'd love too"

Last night was the first intel mission I was sent on for this case. Man, why did I get back into UC work? Nothing went right, I got chased by dogs, (pits of course) I cut my hand on a fence, and stayed out until the wee hours and only layed eyes on the BG's once, and the meeting that was supposed to take place didnt.

I'm glad its a temporary gig, I want drive around in a marked car and have the BG's run from me, instead of me run from them.

Oh yeah, the Pres., McCain and Obama all are in town this week at some point... I'm sure I'll be tapped to be an extra set of eyes for that too. I'm tired, what did I get myself into....again?
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

The rush and feeling of doing good I guess. I for one and grateful to anyone who would put themselves on the line to protect others.

Thanks for what you do!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    The rush and feeling of doing good I guess. I for one and grateful to anyone who would put themselves on the line to protect others.

Thanks for what you do!
    Thanks are appreciated, but not needed. I enjoy my job and it pays me nicely (not just money). I consider it an honor to be able to do what I do.

I look forward to going to work eveyday, even though I might gripe and moan about from time to time. It beats being a cubicle commando!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Good fun. Also, don't you get free food at a lot of places when uniformed? I know your real motivation.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Good fun. Also, don't you get free food at a lot of places when uniformed? I know your real motivation.
    nope. Even if I did, I wouldn't take it. I tell our local proprietors, If they want me in their store, they will provide a decent product at a decent price for everyone. I like quality, price doesn't matter as much.

But they do tend to make an extra good sandwich for ya... if you are nice to them, and thats OK with me.
    Last edited by SIXTO; October 6th, 2008 at 12:30 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Talking

Stay safe and do some protection for the Service. (So you can be glad you don't work for them full-time... )

Just can't keep your fingers out of that stuff, can ya SIX? Don't get too burnt out, just try to have fun and make sure when the pitt's chase you are faster than your partner.

Have fun with the candidates in town, they do love Ohio, don't they?

Cupcake, ask him what he subjects the donut truck drivers to...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Well, thanks or not, I'd feel better knowing your 'out 'n about' instead of occupying a place in a cubicle purgotory.

You've earned your 'rant rights' and many of us are entertained, if not outright educated from your postings.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    Hang in there SIXTO, you know the old saying, "Cheer up things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough things got worse"

Hope you're back in the 'saddle' soon, doing what you enjoy doing.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
    Stay safe and do some protection for the Service. (So you can be glad you don't work for them full-time... )
    The service would be a neat job.... for a short time. They are good at what they do, no doubt about it. I have a ton of respect for even the lowest ranking since I've been able to work with them from time to time.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Exactly why I chose a different career path myself...there are a few other people out there who do some similar work with a lot more variety in their lives. Sounds like you're digging yours...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
    Exactly why I chose a different career path myself...there are a few other people out there who do some similar work with a lot more variety in their lives. Sounds like you're digging yours...
    Yup, I've got an interesting little niche going on here. I have fun, and when I get tired of it, pull back and write tickets for a few months... then I get shipped out again. Good times.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD
    Administrator
    So, the important question is...

...Did you get to use the new bag yet?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    So, the important question is...

...Did you get to use the new bag yet?
    As matter of fact, yes I have. It goes with me on every trip I take for work. GoAwayFarm also sent me one during my search, and it is making a fine first aid bag, it rides in the truck so its always close (within a mile or so) by.
    "Just blame Sixto"

"Theme to Welcome Back Kotter" playing in the background.

Welcome back Mr. Sixto!

Biker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links