Thanks Sergeant Daniel Kachmar U.S. Marine

This is a discussion on Thanks Sergeant Daniel Kachmar U.S. Marine within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am putting this thread on just as a forum tribute to all of our great troops who are missing the holidays with their respective ...

Thread: Thanks Sergeant Daniel Kachmar U.S. Marine

Administrator

Thanks Sergeant Daniel Kachmar U.S. Marine

I am putting this thread on just as a forum tribute to all of our great troops who are missing the holidays with their respective families right now. A very minor tribute to all of our brave soldiers who are putting it "on the line" for us here at home and our country.
    Sergeant Daniel Kachmar is home for the Holidays but, he is going through rehabilitation right now having been injured in service to our country.
    Daniel is a local young man who is now back home with his Dad.
    I have talked to his Father once or twice (on past occasions) without knowing (at the time) that he had a son serving in the Marines.
    So presented above is a photo of Marine Daniel Kachmar & his obviously proud Father.
    Daniel was wounded twice. The first one "just for practice" and the second was gravely serious.
    Daniel entered the military immediately after graduating from Northgate High School in 2002.
    He wanted to do something important with his life...and he sure did.
    Daniel was assigned to Afghanistan twice & one assignment in Cuba & then volunteered March 2005 to serve in Iraq.
    His unit was not going to Iraq so he transferred from the Third Battalion ~ Sixth to the to the First Battalion ~ Sixth & headed over to Iraq.
    Daniel caught a IED that exploded so close to him that he should not have been left alive. The fact that he was as close as he was to the exploding bomb was actually the only thing that spared his life.
    He now faces many months of Rehab.
    Without going into any specific details as to his injuries...I'll only say that he was injured quite badly.
    This Marine has been spending MUCH of his rehab time staying in close touch with another family in my area who lost a Son in Iraq in October. Sergeant Daniel Kachmar is an amazingly selfless young gentleman and the finest sort of American.
    I am extremely proud of him though I have never met him.
    Thank You Daniel. Thank You Dad Joe Kachmar for raising such a fantastic kid. Thanks To All Who Have Served In The Past & Thanks to all who are now serving.
    Some of us will never forget your service to our country.

Any Forum member that would like to drop a quick Christmas Card or a note of support in the mail to Daniel may send it to:
    Daniel Kachmar & Family
    85 S. Bryant Avenue
    Bellevue, PA 15202
    Last edited by QKShooter; December 22nd, 2005 at 02:38 PM.

2. Remove Ads

JT
    Semper Fi.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Lead Moderator
    As most folks that have served can tell you, this is one of the hardest times to be stationed "on the front" and away from friends and family. You should sure do anything you can to make our service people feel appreciated at this, and any time of year.

Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    As most folks that have served can tell you, this is one of the hardest times to be stationed "on the front" and away from friends and family. You should sure do anything you can to make our service people feel appreciated at this, and any time of year.

Amen, brother.

Sgt Kachmar, this Army guy salutes you! Merry Christmas to you, your family and your brothers in arms.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Administrator

Thumbs up Thanks For The Great Comments.

BTW ~ If you forum members would be kind enough to (at least) post a comment to Daniel Kachmar here.
    I'll be right pleased to print your comments and pass them on to him & his family.

1952 - 2006
    For Daniel Kachmar and all the troops serving everywhere this Christmas Season, God Bless you and your families.

From an old Spec Ops Grunt who served in Southeast Asia, I understand the difficulity of serving under such conditions and am saying my prayers for each of you.

God Bless, Stay Safe and Do It To Them Before They Do It to You.

De Oppresso Liber, Semper Fi and WhooAh!!
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Administrator

Thumbs up Well Spoken

Thanks acparmed! ~~~~ Comment Appreciated!

Assistant Administrator
    Dan - we are glad as you and family must be, that your guardian angel was close enough at hand for survival. It would seem you have a very long haul ahead but us folks here will for sure be sending some real positive vibes your way.

Our deep thanks for your service and we for sure have in mind all your comrades in arms, who are there and missing out on being at home with their families. A rough time for them all.

Stay safe and mend quick.

Semper Fidelis.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks to Everyone who Serves Wish you could be with your Familys For christmas

Links