Military actions on patrol in the us

This is a discussion on Military actions on patrol in the us within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess I have been out of the loop too long. 8 years ago the marines and army were already training on the streets of ...

Thread: Military actions on patrol in the us

Military actions on patrol in the us

I guess I have been out of the loop too long. 8 years ago the marines and army were already training on the streets of the US. They were patrolling Texas neighborhoods and setting up checkpoints, searching cars etc.
    YouTube - Military Preparing for Martial Law
    What is the legality? If they say they want to search, do you have to comply? I have nothing to hide, but it really rubs me the wrong way. I am pretty sure I would react by turning around in front of the checkpoint and driving away. At least they would have something to do:). My wife would open her mouth and let them have it. She nearly gets arrested anytime she gets stopped or travels via airline. She hates this kind of stuff. I guess i feel that unless they are looking for someone because of a crime they should get lost.

How about some other perspectives...
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure there are several laws preventing it, they just aren't being enforced or "interpreted" properly.

That was in 2000, then we had the trade center then Katrina, things are different now. Just wait, things can get worse or better. That is the joy of living now. You just don't know what will happen next. I could say more but I like this sight and don't want to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    That was in 2000, then we had the trade center then Katrina, things are different now. Just wait, things can get worse or better. That is the joy of living now. You just don't know what will happen next. I could say more but I like this sight and don't want to be banned.
    LOL! Sometimes we do have to show restraint don't we? Homeland security opened up a lot of new doors. You can be the welcome mat in front of the door, or the foot wipe on the other side of the door. Unless you are a window or a wall, you're in the path of the doorway. Sleep easy tonight.

Links