"Rookies" Armed traffic stop

This is a discussion on "Rookies" Armed traffic stop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone else watch the new show "rookies" tonight? One of the rookies was out patrolling with his training officer and pulled over a car for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Rookies" Armed traffic stop

"Rookies" Armed traffic stop

Anyone else watch the new show "rookies" tonight?

One of the rookies was out patrolling with his training officer and pulled over a car for running a stop sign. The rookie was allowed to handle the stop on his own, approached the vehicle and the first thing you heard was the driver state " I want you to know I am armed".
    The rookie "your armed? OK sir step out of the vehicle". The man was asked to the back of his car where he explained he was a federal agent and showed his I.D. and was let go right away.

Guess thats how the Fed's do it since they have no CCW to hand over with their license. Don't know why the training officer didn't say anything about why he was taken out of the vehicle though.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

2. Remove Ads

Rookies

Lots of TV shows lack technical correctness. Things on the street don't happen like on TV. Ever see a LEO on TV do a tactical reload? I havent. Then again I don't watch much TV. Except for NCIS, I like Ziva.

This is a real show. It's like COPS, but the officers are on there first week of duty.

Rookie didn't have a clue what to do,the FTO asked for ID and got the LEO's badge and ID,they then let him go without a ticket,had it been a civilian I doubt that would have happened
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Rookie didn't have a clue what to do,the FTO asked for ID and got the LEO's badge and ID,they then let him go without a ticket,had it been a civilian I doubt that would have happened
    It's called 'professional courtesy'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's called 'professional courtesy'...
    My military ID has gotten me out of some stops on several occasions
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Blademan21 View Post
    Ever see a LEO on TV do a tactical reload?
    I was just thinking that the other day when I watched 48 Hours again (Nick Nolte movie, not the news program). I counted more than 6 shots from the revolvers they were using, and Nick Nolte's character had what looked like a 1911 style pistol and he never reloaded during a shoot out, must have a hi-cap mag that ran down his coat sleave.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

gotta love the bottomless mag's of hollywood! And also the bullets that spark like a lighter when they hit everything from the dirt to the drywall!...can't forget those!

I watched that new movie called Max Payne,in one scene he draws his beretta and then chambers a round and i'm thinking wow i'm sure a cop would carry a gun without one in the pipe
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I watched that new movie called Max Payne,in one scene he draws his beretta and then chambers a round and i'm thinking wow i'm sure a cop would carry a gun without one in the pipe
    I have been noticing that on a number of the new shows. I think they want the sound effect involved with racking a round.

Years ago when front wheel drive cars first came out did ya notice that hollywood was slow to realize it? I used to see all these front wheel drive cars smoking their rear tires when accelerating.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    gotta love the bottomless mag's of hollywood! And also the bullets that spark like a lighter when they hit everything from the dirt to the drywall!...can't forget those!
    don't forget when they rack the shotgun 3 times in the same scene
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    don't forget when they rack the shotgun 3 times in the same scene
    That's just good sense, I'm sure they had some issues feeding and were just clearing their gun.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    This is a real show. It's like COPS.
    Cops is a phony show. The cops always say something like, "I took this job to help people and put bad guys away." Really? I never met that cop.
    When do you see them beat a suspect on the show? When do they scream at them? "Apply the baton." Get their stories together.
    Have you seen them bang a suspects head on the hood of a car to teach him a lesson.
    Sorry, Cops is a waste of time.

The Rookies was to me a good show..it sure made me think twice about becoming a cop, and it made me think threet times about those who are out there on the streets, overworked and underpaid..You do a fantastic job!

But 7 minutes on a code two call?! And not able to find it on the map..And the poor guy with the radio 10 signals. Don't they have to memories that in the academy? Kind of late when out on the street..

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Cops is a phony show. The cops always say something like, "I took this job to help people and put bad guys away." Really? I never met that cop.
    When do you see them beat a suspect on the show? When do they scream at them? "Apply the baton." Get their stories together.
    Have you seen them bang a suspects head on the hood of a car to teach him a lesson.
    Sorry, Cops is a waste of time.
    No, Cops is an edited show, not phony. How many hunting shows do you see where they show the hunter actually shooting an animal and field dressing it. Most city people couldn't deal with it any more than they could deal with the reality of what goes on a police patrol sometimes. Someone would be suing them or summoning them to court continuously. You don't usually see some of the actual violence on the news even when they have it.

And, if you have never run across a cop that hasn't taken the job as a way of helping people, you haven't been around too many of them....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links