Police are expensive/Lower LEO Patrols? :Merged

This is a discussion on Police are expensive/Lower LEO Patrols? :Merged within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now we have yet another reason to carry, a cop isn't just too heavy, they're too expensive!! Watch your six everyone. Police face cuts as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police are expensive/Lower LEO Patrols? :Merged

Police are expensive/Lower LEO Patrols? :Merged

Now we have yet another reason to carry, a cop isn't just too heavy, they're too expensive!!
    Watch your six everyone.

Police face cuts as economy falters - CNN.com

2. Remove Ads

Not to worry, the tax increases are on the horizon.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

I'll have to modify my avatar!
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Hey I have to buy Guns and ammo too.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Well, humph! How about if they do more gang and drug busts? I mean confiscate property and have auctions on the merchandise to maintain their own. Take donations instead of increasing taxes.....'create a cop', or 'keep a cop'? I supported my former city's 'shop with a cop' program for two years, and still gave to the 'angel tree' at work for Christmas. Heck....those donation dollars could go to keep a cop on the payroll instead. They could cut back on some spending on their own also......my former city of residence used to post police department expenditures in the local newspaper........one year they bought 4 sets of night vision goggles for somewhere in the neighborhood of $35k. Equipment maintenance for a couple of years instead of keeping up with the Jones's and getting state of the art new stuff. A lot of America is "cutting back" on a variety of things. But these are the times to sustain law enforcement. I really don't care where my speeding ticket revenues go....so long as they stay off my insurance. You think Americans would go for a nationwide 'law enforcement bail out'? I bet they wouldn't argue a bit about that. Real estate and property taxes? They may have to look at another source. My 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, humph! How about if they do more gang and drug busts? I mean confiscate property and have auctions on the merchandise to maintain their own. Take donations instead of increasing taxes.....'create a cop', or 'keep a cop'? I supported my former city's 'shop with a cop' program for two years, and still gave to the 'angel tree' at work for Christmas. Heck....those donation dollars could go to keep a cop on the payroll instead. They could cut back on some spending on their own also......my former city of residence used to post police department expenditures in the local newspaper........one year they bought 4 sets of night vision goggles for somewhere in the neighborhood of $35k. Equipment maintenance for a couple of years instead of keeping up with the Jones's and getting state of the art new stuff. A lot of America is "cutting back" on a variety of things. But these are the times to sustain law enforcement. I really don't care where my speeding ticket revenues go....so long as they stay off my insurance. You think Americans would go for a nationwide 'law enforcement bail out'? I bet they wouldn't argue a bit about that. Real estate and property taxes? They may have to look at another source. My 2
    I'm having a darn hard time disagreeing with that
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I'm planning on getting out of the corps to be a cop...this doesn't look good. Maybe I should reconsider reenlisting again...I was ready to do it a few weeks ago.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Well, humph! How about if they do more gang and drug busts? I mean confiscate property and have auctions on the merchandise to maintain their own.
    When that happens, guess what accusations begin to fly? "Police seizing property to fund agency!". "Citizens losing property to fatten police coffers!". How many times have we read on this very board that traffic enforcement is "nothing but revenue gathering"?
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I'm planning on getting out of the corps to be a cop...this doesn't look good. Maybe I should reconsider reenlisting again...I was ready to do it a few weeks ago.
    I don't know any brass in any big city PDs, but my uncle is Chief of Police in a smaller town/county, and they are always way under budget and undermanned. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of similar sized PDs were the same way. Now if you feel like moving to Scappoose, OR, I could hook you up with his contact information.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Right now I'm looking at some bigger departments (around 150+ uniforms). I heard Plano, TX is cutting, and it's a similar size city. I'm looking at WA though, so I guess I'll find out and just have to apply at more than a few departments.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Right now I'm looking at some bigger departments (around 150+ uniforms). I heard Plano, TX is cutting, and it's a similar size city. I'm looking at WA though, so I guess I'll find out and just have to apply at more than a few departments.
    Have you thought about a career in Homeland Security? I don't see the fed cutting back.............yet? I've given the thought of schooling in this area, but I aint gettin' any younger.

It should be clear why police are expensive. It all comes down to economics.

monopoly - Control of commodity or service in a particular market which enables the one having control to raise the price substantially above that fixed by free competition.

Until the moment of a crime against them, the average person has no need of police. If a $500 gun and an alarm system really will protect me pretty well, why bother paying a cop, unless I just prefer to pay someone who might be better at some forms of protection than I am? No one ever complains about the price of lawn service. You either pay the service, or you buy a mower. But, with police, I pay a part of your protection. So, in a way, universal police protection makes about as much sense and universal lawn care. Sounds like a certain political party's next platform!!

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Angry Lower LEO Patrols?

This ought to get interesting. As the patrols and presence go down, I'm sure the BGs won't sense any opportunity. All the more reason to arm ourselves for self defense.
    Police face cuts as economy falters - CNN.com

Have you thought about a career in Homeland Security? I don't see the fed cutting back.............yet? I've given the thought of schooling in this area, but I aint gettin' any younger.
    Looking for a job? Get into crime...work is everywhere...no competition, plenty of work for all...if you pick cities with heavy gun-control laws, the job is pretty safe pickins'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If they have to cut costs any more, they'll have to mail 'chalk' to the victims.

Stay armed...carry your own chalk...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links