Defensive Carry banner

Interesting FLIR video, just another day at the office

3K views 42 replies 28 participants last post by  LightsOut 
#1 ·
Warning... this video isn't for the thin skinned, crybabies, youngins or anybody else who might be on the sensitive side

It isn't graphic, gory or anything like that, but it does illustrate how quick things happen, how important communication is, and how a situation can turn in an instant. Enjoy and discuss...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07powj1mhZI

#4 ·
Great vid...a couple of others there, too!
Being a cop can require a large 'set' at times...:blink:

#6 ·
Wow, such an act of desperation. Does anybody know the background story leading to this outcome? I wonder what brings a person to the point that they view their life as having no value. I know he's a criminal, but still. He chose a messy way to step off the mortal coil. My friend went through something similar with her father. He had OCD and during one of the lows he put a .357 against the roof of his mouth. She was the one who found him in the driveway upon returning home from a date with the person who became her husband. Sorry for my rambling this just brings back some sad memories.

#8 ·
I have no idea about the story behind it, I just found the video. I'll research it a little this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Paperwork... no, not really. It would be about the same for the LEO shooter either way. If a cop shoots him, everybody else does the paperwork not the shooter.

#11 ·
No kidding... Guess it's nice to have backup a radio call away...

-B

#14 ·
Yes, the heli crew definitely deserves credit for protecting their fellow officers on the ground by picking up on the BG's gun and sounding the alarm not to go over the fence.

I don't mean to be cruel, but the BG did all of us tax payers a favor by avoiding the expensive legal proceedings, and his room and board in prison.

#15 ·
I feel bad for the poor guy who has to scrape the goo off his house now.

screw the BG..he offed himself....coward.

#19 ·
Well, if you hear a heli over head or there is other signs of police activity, stay inside and out of the way!!! The quickest way to ruin a cops day (and yours too) is for a well intentioned guy to get in the way, and it happens all the time.

#24 · (Edited)
At the end I was waiting for the K9 to scarf up one of those glowing pieces of meat on the grass when he/she was running around...:blink:

I guess this video is also good to show anyone who questions the effectiveness of a(Correction for SIXTO*Shotgun*) for HD.

#25 ·
At the end I was waiting for the K9 to scarf up one of those glowing pieces of meat on the grass when he/she was running around...:blink:

I guess this video is also good to show anyone who questions the effectiveness of a 12G for HD.
Except for the fact we don't know that it was a 12ga.

#30 ·
Hmm, I'm not sure if I should ask it within this thread, but let's say something like this happens, except the BG kicks in your door and enters your home. Can the LEOs follow into the home?

I saw that they obviously knocked on the door or at least hung out at the front before going out back, I am assuming they were trying to wake anyone in the hosue if there was anyone before they went into the backyard.

At any rate, what are the rules for the LEOs? In active pursuit, can they cross into private property? I know that the few videos I've seen (mostly through infrequent COPS episodes) that once a BG tries to jump a fence or something into someones yard that it when they usually deploy the baton or Taser and try to stop it right there. I think I've seen a few instances where they actually enter a backyard, and it seems the LEOs usually follow. Seems like common sense although the situation could get interesting if you attempt to respond to the BG but don't see the chasing LEOs until a few seconds later.

#33 ·
Hmm, I'm not sure if I should ask it within this thread, but let's say something like this happens, except the BG kicks in your door and enters your home. Can the LEOs follow into the home? Yes.

I saw that they obviously knocked on the door or at least hung out at the front before going out back, I am assuming they were trying to wake anyone in the hosue if there was anyone before they went into the backyard.

At any rate, what are the rules for the LEOs? In active pursuit, can they cross into private property?Yes. I know that the few videos I've seen (mostly through infrequent COPS episodes) that once a BG tries to jump a fence or something into someones yard that it when they usually deploy the baton or Taser and try to stop it right there. I think I've seen a few instances where they actually enter a backyard, and it seems the LEOs usually follow. Seems like common sense although the situation could get interesting if you attempt to respond to the BG but don't see the chasing LEOs until a few seconds later.

It does get interesting. LEO's will try to stop things before any hard lines are crossed because it endangers everybody so much more once the chase does cross lines, not because they can't follow.

#31 ·
For me that seams like a simple question. family first. stay in the house, drawn and ready. if he comes in, drop him. Then wait for the PD to call out. I know that hind sight works much better then in the moment but to me the best thing to do is to be ready and have someone else in your house call 911 to establish contact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.