Another video

Another video

This is a discussion on Another video within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Watched Sixto's video and this one came up next. I enjoyed it very much. YouTube - Montana State Police Shootout I'm not sure I would ...

Thread: Another video

VIP Member

Another video

Watched Sixto's video and this one came up next. I enjoyed it very much.

YouTube - Montana State Police Shootout

I'm not sure I would have been able to accept the BG's surrender. Also feel free to comment on the apparent difference in the combat mindset of the two officers. The first cop was hanging in there and doing his duty, the second guy was a lion (IMO). Discuss.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

It was a good one...after the T-bone, the officers should have shot multiple times to completely 'stop the threat'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    What surprise me is the scumbag wasn't killed by the broadside impact of the police car. His door was open when he was hit. At the speed he was hit he should have died on the spot. Both officers did a good job as I see it. I don't really see a difference in mindsets. First officer placed himself in extreme danger when he stepped around the back of his vehicle to shoot. Second joined in the fight, using first car as shield to get close. First LEO ( I believe State Police) fired out the passengers window while chase was in progress the second time. The vehicle ram was because he could see the gun being pointed at him, better to ram and take the chance with that, than being a sitting duck in a stopped vehicle.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I've seen that video before, but never with the story behind it.

I've been in situations where I would have much rather have killed the BG at that moment than arrest or give first aid too, but you just can't do that. Its what makes us different from them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm glad to see that the officer made the decision to use his cruiser as a weapon, instead of stopping and trying to engage with guns....

After engageing the BG once already.......and him bringing his gun to bear on the officers again. No choice...so he accelerates into him! Good Job!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

DC Founder
    Looks like the video has now been removed because of copyright violation.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Bummer.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Can't see the video here, but I've seen it on worst police chases on tv before and when that cop rammed that car broadside i woulda figured he'd be dead but that perp is one lucky sob
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links