For the Vietnam Vets..

This is a discussion on For the Vietnam Vets.. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Welcome Home Brothers! Don't forget to say a prayer for the POW/MIA's left behind. Here's a link to a Big n Rich song/video that you ...

Thread: For the Vietnam Vets..

For the Vietnam Vets..

Welcome Home Brothers! Don't forget to say a prayer for the POW/MIA's left behind. Here's a link to a Big n Rich song/video that you might enjoy.

Remember the 8th of November:

Big & Rich

Remember all Veterans on November 11th @ 11:00a.m.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for post, and the memories.

Wasn't that the action that the Mel Gibson movie (WE Were Soldiers)was based on.I was too young for Vietnam but my dad served and I enlisted in January "76".Whenever I see memories from that time I always get a little melancholy
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I love that song, and it's my birthday.
    I always welcome home the Vietnam vets. It wasn't done back then.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    always welcome home the Vietnam vets. It wasn't done back then.
    Yes it was, just not the way you hoped or wanted. And even sadder it was any Service Person returning from overseas! (But worst on the West Coast.)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Wasn't that the action that the Mel Gibson movie (WE Were Soldiers)was based on.I was too young for Vietnam but my dad served and I enlisted in January "76".Whenever I see memories from that time I always get a little melancholy
    Actually, that was the Battle of the Ia Drang Valley. Two different incidents, with great loss of life. Battle of Ia Drang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/173rd_Airborne is the Nov 8th memoralized in the song.
    Last edited by First Sgt; November 7th, 2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: additional link
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    Moving video, thanks for posting it. For those of us that served during those years no reminder of the sacrifice made by our brothers in arms is needed. For those that follow, it hopefully gives them some insight into our lives.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Something is wrong with that video, it is all blurry!

Thank you for all who have served to keep us free!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Yes it was, just not the way you hoped or wanted. And even sadder it was any Service Person returning from overseas! (But worst on the West Coast.)
    You have that right, LA sucks!
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Thank you for the post. I have hopes that the men and women serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere in the Middle East will not go through the same homecoming that we did! I was just talking this afternoon with a retired Colonel and a Sergeant Major about Vietnam and about Veterans Day around the corner. It's a melancholy time of year for some of us...
    Semper Vigilantia - Semper Paratus
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by joelg View Post
    I have hopes that the men and women serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere in the Middle East will not go through the same homecoming that we did!
    I think many of them are coming home to a different sort of problem, I'm afraid they are ignored for the most part. I know I try to take time to go to DFW airport and see them off or welcome them home as much as my schedule permits. I hope there are many others who go see them too.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Thank you for your service and protection. Now it is my turn to protect you and your family
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Links