Happy Birthday, Marines!

Happy Birthday, Marines!

This is a discussion on Happy Birthday, Marines! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know it is a day early, but we celebrated by cutting the cake on Friday because Monday is a down day for our organization. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    M2 [OP]

Happy Birthday, Marines!

I know it is a day early, but we celebrated by cutting the cake on Friday because Monday is a down day for our organization.

As such, I feel it is OK to wish all the Marines out there a happy 233rd birthday!

Commandant's Marine Corps Birthday Message - 2008

Cheers! M2

I was a 'Coastie', but I salute them with you.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

JD
    Administrator
    Yut!

Time to change the avatar again....

Ooh Rah. Love celebrasting my other birthday.

And gentleman, as you hoist a glass tomorrow (and Tuesday) please remember the ones we left behind.

s/f
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

I like the fact that Marines are Marines first…regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, national origin or how long they served or what goals they achieve in life.

Semper Fi, Mac!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    *motivated grunt*

Happy Birthday, Gentlemen.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

On November 1st. 1921, John A. Lejeune, 13th Commandant of the Marine Corps, directed that a reminder of the Corps be published by every command, to all Marines throughout the globe, on the Birthday of the Corps. Since the day, Marines have continued to distinguish themselves on many battlefields and foreign shores, in war and peace. On this Birthday of the Corps, therefore, in compliance with the will of the 13th Commandant, Article 38 United States Marine Corps Manual, Edition of 1921, is published as follows:

"On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of the Continental Congress. Since that date many thousands of men have borne that name Marine. In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the Birthday of our Corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

The record of our Corps is one which bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation's foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argome, Marines have won foremost honors in war and in the long era of tranquility at home generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres, and in every corner of the seven seas so that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

In every battle and skirmish since the Birth of the Corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term "Marine" has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the Corps. With it we also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our Corps from generation and has long been the distinguishing mark of Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the me of our nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps."

Happy Birthday Marines.

Semper Fi.

D.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Happy Birthday!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Once a Marine always a Marine must be more than just a quaint saying for all of us who have earned the title.

It is my sincerest hope that the creed of Semper Fidelis be expemplified in all of us, each and every day of our lives.

May we be faithful to God, Country, Corps, and as well to our families, as long as we live. Thanks to all who served to uphold the principles of honor, courage, and commitment.

God Bless The United States Marine Corps. Happy Birthday!
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

The marines even celebrated in Beijing, China. I was there this weekend, and they were holding a ball at the hotel I stayed at. When I walked in the lobby door and seen them in their (dress) uniforms(dang sharp) I had to do a double take, yep sure enough that was USMC insignia they were wearing. I shook a few hands, gave many thanks, and wished them all a happy birthday. Made me proud to be an American to see those folks half way around the world, upholding time honored traditions.

God Bless the United States Marines.

Let's all take time to say a prayer for those who are presently fighting "over there" and do something special for their loved ones that are here. So many of them have special needs that we can meet by offering a few moments of our time.... Remember how we felt while we were away and our family's needs went unfilled. What can you do to help a fellow American's family in need?
    SA 1911 9mm, Ruger LCP, EMP9, M&P45, LWRC 6.8SCP

Semper Fi...

Happy Birthday to all my fellow Marines.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links