New job

New job

This is a discussion on New job within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, tomorrow I start my new job. I will be working for the sheriffs department as a jailer. To begin with, they will have me ...

Thread: New job

New job

Well, tomorrow I start my new job. I will be working for the sheriffs department as a jailer. To begin with, they will have me at the juvenile detention center, but may move to the main jail before long. I am really excited to be starting a new career and hopefully all will go well. Any of you guys in this line of work and maybe give me a few pointers on what to look out for. I am really wanting to eventually go through the academy to become a deputy, but I figure this will at least get my foot in the door and give me plenty of opportunities to read up and prepare for the academy. Again, any pointers you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Congrats! I'm currently in the testing process for a local police department.

-Jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    Congrats! I'm currently in the testing process for a local police department.
    Hey, me too. Started with video response, reading and report writing (with some psych and background thrown in for good measure) on October 20. Passed Phase I, and tomorrow I have physical fitness testing: 1.5 mile run, 300 meter dash, pushups, situps, and sit-and-reach.

Phew, should be fun.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanjensen View Post
    Hey, me too. Started with video response, reading and report writing (with some psych and background thrown in for good measure) on October 20. Passed Phase I, and tomorrow I have physical fitness testing: 1.5 mile run, 300 meter dash, pushups, situps, and sit-and-reach.

Phew, should be fun.
    Me three! Congratulations and good luck to us all.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Good luck to all of you. Hope you have a great week.

Actually, I should have worded that differently. I just completed the "testing process" on Friday. Now, I wait to hear (about 2 weeks) where I placed on the eligibility list. The top 3 are chosen and proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Good luck to all of you. Hope you have a great week.
    Thanks, Ram Rod! You have a great week as well.

-Jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Well, tomorrow I start my new job. I will be working for the sheriffs department as a jailer. To begin with, they will have me at the juvenile detention center, but may move to the main jail before long. I am really excited to be starting a new career and hopefully all will go well. Any of you guys in this line of work and maybe give me a few pointers on what to look out for. I am really wanting to eventually go through the academy to become a deputy, but I figure this will at least get my foot in the door and give me plenty of opportunities to read up and prepare for the academy. Again, any pointers you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Congrats...and good luck with your first day, tomorrow. It's always exciting to start somewhere new. When you make it to the 'road', remember the experiences of those stopped by 'rookies' as posted throughout these threads.

Good luck!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links