LEO testing

LEO Testing

This is a discussion on LEO Testing within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; well my application was approved and im going in for testing with my local PD, any words of wisdom and insight would be greatly appreciated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEO testing

LEO testing

well my application was approved and im going in for testing with my local PD, any words of wisdom and insight would be greatly appreciated
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    well my application was approved and im going in for testing with my local PD, any words of wisdom and insight would be greatly appreciated
    I just completed the testing process for a local PD, and am waiting to hear how I placed on the eligibility list. Your biggest source of information (it helped me a lot) would be the forums at Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource. Good luck! This is a very stressful testing process, but the more prepared you are, the better off you will be.

-Jeff-

Yeah: 29 sit-ups in one minute seems easy (and it usually is) until done immediately after a 1.5 mile run. Run far, run fast, then work on the strength portions of the test well in advance.

In a couple of weeks I should have a panel interview and the beginning of the background investigation, so I may be able to help you more then.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I'm going through the background right now. I've already done my physical agility test (got the best score:), oral and written board. So far, the plan is that I'll be going to the academy in January. Sucks, as that is when my last class for my B.S. starts as well.

Good luck and tell them everything you learned was from here, LOL.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Administrator
    any words of wisdom and insight would be greatly appreciated
    Be smarter than the guy next to you.

That sounds like a smart ass answer, but its not. The written physical tests are the easy parts. Most people get washed out in the back round and interview phases. Be smart, and play the cards you have been dealt. Don't hide anything and be honest, you'll get a lot farther that way.
    "Just blame Sixto"

well today is the day, wish me luck
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

VIP Member
    Good luck!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator
    They are testing in the middle of the week? Thats weird. Good luck.
    "Just blame Sixto"

yeah today at 12:30pm EST, i figured it wouldve been on monday. they said its about 2hrs long and ive got to write a police report that will be reviewed by the chief personally as part of the test. needless to say ive been up all night reviewing police reports online
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Good luck!
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

well i took it today, took about 1hr 45min and im pretty sure i aced it, it was actually pretty dang easy. i had to take a 100 question spelling test (former 2-6th grade spelling bee champ ;) ), stare at some mugshots and take another 100 question test regarding drugs, crime scenes, and the what would you do if you were a cop....questions. ill find out monday my results, but i'm very confident that i aced it.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

VIP Member
    Good deal. Yeah, let us know.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    i had to take a 100 question spelling test
    Was it multiple choice? I do okay on those. A significantly weighted spelling test wouldn't be a fair assessment of me as I'm an extremely auditory learner and study of Spanish and SpellCheck has destroyed my ability to spell in English.

When I took the PD's test... three times... there were lots of English language questions on it. I basically have that test memorized.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

no we had to write out the answers, no multi choice on the spelling, it was words like (Accomplice, Jam, Prostitute, etc.)
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links