Defensive Carry banner

Blair Bodyguard Fires Gun in Israeli Airport

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  ccw9mm 
#1 ·
FOXNews.com - Tony Blair Bodyguard Fires Gun in Israeli Airport - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Tony Blair Bodyguard Fires Gun in Israeli Airport

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tony Blair's bodyguard caused panic at an Israeli airport after he accidentally fired his handgun.

The International Mideast peace envoy's guard mistakenly fired outside the terminal building Tuesday at Ben-Gurion International Airport. No one was injured in the accident, which occurred around 3 p.m. local time.

The former British prime minister and his security team were preparing to leave Israel at the time.

The airport's security guards and police rushed to the scene. Officers said the incident was due to an error by the bodyguard.

The incident is the second weapon gaffe to befall one of Blair's security team.

In September, another one of his guards was removed from "operational duties" after she left a loaded handgun behind in a London coffee shop.

The close protection officer mistakenly left her Glock 17 semi-automatic pistol in a Starbucks bathroom.

It was recovered by staff, who called police.
Another example of why the 'antis' only professionals should have guns argument doesn't work.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch! :aargh4:

#4 ·
:rofl:

-B

#7 ·
That is not a real good place to pull a weapon and ten to fire it, one can be gone very quickly after that.
Indeed, the Israelis usually "return fire" if they see gunfire at the Airport.

Just goes to show why the British shouldn't be trusted with guns! :scruntiny: :mad:

. . . at least not their gov't lackeys!

#6 ·
I stole it, from someone's signature line on this forum.
Can't remember who.

#9 ·
The close protection officer mistakenly left her Glock 17 semi-automatic pistol in a Starbucks bathroom.
Make mine a double mag jacketed hollow point triple whipped mocha latte

Also, maybe she should read some of DC's threads about how to use the bathroom successfully while concealed. I guess it is different for a woman

#10 ·
OOPS!

We all make mistakes.

Just goes to show that we all put our kilts on any dang way we can mate. :bier:

Stuff happens and like someone said, the BG is very lucky as the Tel Aviv Airport is the last place I would want to show a weapon, let alone discharge it. This gentile wants to keep on breathing for a few more years. :smile:

I'm sure this "professional" will have an "Outstanding" evaluation. Out Standing in the field counting sheep.

Biker :palmier:

#11 ·
A security dude ND'd his own gun? The only one in the room professional enough to carry that gun, I suppose. I wonder if Lee Paige finally found a new job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.