MS-13: kinda changes the perspective on concealed carry considerations

This is a discussion on MS-13: kinda changes the perspective on concealed carry considerations within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Cleaning, I am gonna have to disagree with you to an extent. Although Mara was founded by those who were involved in the Salvadoran war, ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MS-13: kinda changes the perspective on concealed carry considerations

VIP Member
    Cleaning, I am gonna have to disagree with you to an extent. Although Mara was founded by those who were involved in the Salvadoran war, they are now in their 40's and away from the street leaving the dirty work to the young ones who are not trained in those tactics but just plain ruthless SOB's.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    It would make sense for the older members to pass on at least some of their training, and they are the ones still planning ops.

Also, many gangs are sending junior members into the various branches of the US military so that they can pick up useful skills like demolitions, armorer experience and training with military smallarms.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    guys these folks are genuine bad news, how ever out of their bario they like all of us get insecure, we don't go to their element so our contacts are different from the homicide story's you read on them , like most criminals they conduct their criminal activity's in an envelope of familiarity , they don't drive to the suburbs to commit murder and mayhem , unless you are unlucky enough to live in close proximity ( like a couple of us who have posted on this thread ) then their proclivity for violent crime is a non issue , i see illegals all the time ( not necessarily these folks ) and due to " playing the game my way " ( i donut shortchange cautions ) the encounters have all been one sided and pleasurable from my standpoint . and the sight of the kids when they get handed a " trick or treat " bag to share is worth a lot , i am not saying that 13 is not a danger , i am just saying that like most criminals they tend to hunt in their own environment's , not go looking for mom and pop q public to victimize , and not all illegals have any criminal intent ( my last name is keenan so i ain't a shill for Mexico or illegals , but i lived in the southwest all my life and most just want our $$ and are willing to work long hours for them )

Miggy, Salvadore is home to thousands of soldiers trained by CATT through the 80's. Some of the U.S. trained are only in their early 30's because they were trained as teens. Inturn, they have been training their own ranks since the early 90's. It was a handoff of sorts. The OGs that started in L.A. still bring these new members into Mexico and the U.S. today. Don't be too surprised to see strong numbers right there in Miami.

Besides, those feeble old guys in their 40's couldnt possibly organize crime operations. You know, senility and all. Its the same reason Japanese and Russian organizations only allow kids in their 20's to run the crews and make their business decisions.
    You better pray I dont jam, because my backup is a ball peen hammer.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    The MS-13 BG's can be fought and fought effectively. Our goverment has the means to all but put their kind outta buisness. All the prez has to do is turn the right people loose with very few rules of engaugement. It's akin to the flow of illegal's coming accross the Rio Grande every night. I say,"If we REALLY wanted to stop it......... WE COULD.!! ---------

Umm... what happens when the next "Prez" decides that the current threat is all private gun owners? Or all Bible readers? Or all left handed redheads?

I'm sworn to support and defend the Constitution above all else, and I take that duty seriously. These threats must be dealt with, but we must do so within the law. If agents of the government can just assasinate anyone they feel is a danger without due process of law, how are they different than MS13?

Now as for the border problem, that's a different kettle of fish. I think that we're one of very few countries that view the defense of their borders as a law enforcement problem, and not a military problem.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CleaningAccident
    Miggy, Salvadore is home to thousands of soldiers trained by CATT through the 80's. Some of the U.S. trained are only in their early 30's because they were trained as teens. Inturn, they have been training their own ranks since the early 90's. It was a handoff of sorts. The OGs that started in L.A. still bring these new members into Mexico and the U.S. today. Don't be too surprised to see strong numbers right there in Miami.

Besides, those feeble old guys in their 40's couldnt possibly organize crime operations. You know, senility and all. Its the same reason Japanese and Russian organizations only allow kids in their 20's to run the crews and make their business decisions.
    I've been keeping an eye on the arrests made by ICE and most of them are the youngings. And one of the troubles/advantages that LEOs have is that they are not truly organized in the way of a mafia, they are more like virus or an infection. It makes it hard for LEOs to keep track of them but ate the same time there is not a trly orgagnized support system among themselves.

The best solution that I have seen so far is to arrest them and send them back to El Salvador with a full informational package for the police down there. It seems El Salvador PD are not into procedure and human rights plus due process and shoots them on sight.
    And that is one of the reasons I heard they like to use edged weapons: it seems you get caught using a firearm and you don't even get a chance to plea your case with a friendly judge here.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

PD's here and in FL just had a run in with them,, started here in Va.Beach,women kidnapped and taken to FL,where she was repeatedly raped and assualted, she got to the office where theses brave souls tried to pull her out and away before the boys in blue arrived.

All three have ties to MS-13. It appears that most here abouts are driving on NC DL's as it takes nothing to get them,and they always seem to be in pairs or more,, glad I'm retired now,

Administrator

TV Report

The other night said 10 thousand MS~13 members total in TEXAS.
    I KNOW that I heard that right.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

It's only going to get worse

The problem with this NEW gang is that it is just going to get worse. More will crop up just like new breeds of roaches. Our borders leak like a cheap diaper, and the police have NO duty to protect us. Just read Dial 911 and die. We must be prepared to protect our families at all cost from anyone!
    Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

ChefRski

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    The other night said 10 thousand MS~13 members total in TEXAS.
    I KNOW that I heard that right.
    And 50K Nationwide. Heard it on FoxNews about an hour ago.
    Randy Cain.

Administrator

That is a mighty sizeable group of BGs.

Senior Moderator
    I'm going to re-read the RD (Reader's Digest) article, but IIRC, one case they gave was a mother and child in a store that some MS13's happened in to. I'll try to post the account after I re-read it.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    What's the common demominator for MS13? Hispanic, White, Black??

Also, What DOES fly, gat, punto and the other things mentioned in one of the first few reply's mean?
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    No idea on fly. Gat is a gun and it is short for gatillo = trigger. Punto is point or dot and I have no idea what it refers to unless the writer actually meant Puto and that is not a nice word in Spanish. It means a male whore.

Hispanic males from with lot of central american indian blood in them. They stand out a lot in south american-heavy regions. IE: They cannot be invisible in Little Havana (Cubans) but they can disappear in Florida City (Mexicans).
    Randy Cain.

Ms-13

13 stands for the 13th letter of the alphabet, "M", meaning Mexico. At least that is how I understand it from reading articles. My little slice of life in North Carolina is becoming overwhelmed with hispanics and I'm seeing more "tags" around from copycat juvenille gangs. Lots of "13's" being spray painted. My youngest son is a junior in high school and keeps me informed concerning gang activity.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links