MS-13: kinda changes the perspective on concealed carry considerations

This is a discussion on MS-13: kinda changes the perspective on concealed carry considerations within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by HotGuns Perhaps...but ya gotta start somewhere... Maybe. But I won't take the risk with my family if I can help it. Like ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MS-13: kinda changes the perspective on concealed carry considerations

Cool Okay...you first.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    Perhaps...but ya gotta start somewhere...
    Maybe. But I won't take the risk with my family if I can help it. Like Indiana Jones faithful guide in the original Raiders of the Lost Ark said as he gazed down into the Well of Souls that held the ark of the covenant and saw all those snakes writhing on the floor:
    Asps....very dangerous....YOU GO FIRST!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I wasn't here in South Florida back then but, wasn't all these explanations the same given during the Cocaine Wars of the 80's?
    Colombian Neckties, they will wipe out your Mom, Dad, Sister, Dog, etc?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Moderator
    All it would take around here is for the gangbangers to mess with the wrong redneck.

When they all got together and administered some payback, after the smoke cleared there wouldnt be any MS13 left to tell the story...

Wink Those "neckties" were reserved for the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    I wasn't here in South Florida back then but, wasn't all these explanations the same given during the Cocaine Wars of the 80's?
    Colombian Neckties, they will wipe out your Mom, Dad, Sister, Dog, etc?
    I was here then and those guys were never like that towards civilians or even witnesses who testified. Not like MS13. The "Cocaine Cowboys" usually only targeted other competitors or maybe some of the undercover narcs but never just innocent bystanders and for no reason at all...just the kicks. The cokers had business and money on the brain 24/7 and shooting up Dadeland mall (as happened once) turned out to be very bad for business, so they stopped.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Ok Ex, I can imagine the media frenzy and the calls for swift justice of the day. And this new breed does not half the brains of the Cartels and they already have a bad image everywhere. And what has changed since then? Think about it. We have the legal right to defend ourselves with most of the tools we could want. We are not dependant of the Traditional Media and fear their backlash and be called Vigilantes if we are forced to defend ourselves and our families and I am willing to bet you donuts to dollars that LEOs, much better trained and with better tools than back then, will not take kindly that a bunch of thugs will keep their towns in fear.
    And I will give you a very recent example: The Minutemen Project. Not many people, not very organized, but they made a dent by just standing their ground. In the old days they would have been ridiculized and even prosecuted, but nowadays they actually have made politicians take on the problem of border security.
    The other choice i see is inactivity and submission. Historically it has never solved a thing.
    Again, that is my opinion.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Thumbs down No more "Walking Tall" LEOs in todays world

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    I am willing to bet you donuts to dollars that LEOs, much better trained and with better tools than back then, will not take kindly that a bunch of thugs will keep their towns in fear.
    And I will give you a very recent example: The Minutemen Project. Not many people, not very organized, but they made a dent by just standing their ground. In the old days they would have been ridiculized and even prosecuted, but nowadays they actually have made politicians take on the problem of border security.
    Trouble is, the cops are official of the government and have to withstand pressure put on them by both the public and other officials. They're downright frightened of lawsuits for a very good reason and they are constrained by certain rules of engagement. They have not been very effective in stopping the homegrown variations like the Crips and the Bloods not to mention the others that are even older on our soil.

The minutemen have none of these problems and they enjoy overwhelming public support which is at least 75% of the battle.

Buford Pusser and Elliot Ness (both of whom came to ignoble ends) are icons of an era long gone. Even Walker Texas Ranger is retired!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    All it would take around here is for the gangbangers to mess with the wrong redneck.

When they all got together and administered some payback, after the smoke cleared there wouldnt be any MS13 left to tell the story...
    Until the next group moved in during the middle of the night and wiped out a couple of families. I'd sacrifice myself in a second. But I'd take a long hard look if my wife was in the mix. Not to mention kids or grandkids.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Until the next group moved in during the middle of the night and wiped out a couple of families. I'd sacrifice myself in a second. But I'd take a long hard look if my wife was in the mix. Not to mention kids or grandkids.
    That's my impression and position as well. Plus, if we had to fight them to save our life, it may not matter whether family were present or not. They just might decide to track us to our home and involve our family.

ms13 on the news tonight, two killed NASHVILLE TN. wish the folks could pull togeather like the gangs, but most folks have thier heads in the sand.
    Do it now, later may be to late

Actually, like they say in the airborne: they are HUA or Head UP A$$

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    That's my impression and position as well. Plus, if we had to fight them to save our life, it may not matter whether family were present or not. They just might decide to track us to our home and involve our family.

That's when you may need to reply in kind.

1951 - 2011
    Hello. I see these scum as a form of terrorists. Jeff Cooper wrote something similar to the need to show all the "mercy" to terrorists that we would the rabies virus.

I worked in law enforcement all my life and believe in law and order, but this MS13 stuff brings to mind another saying that is here in Texas: "Some people just need killing."

Best.

Senior Moderator
    "Some people just need killing."
    AMEN !

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63
    That's when you may need to reply in kind.
    I hear ya. But it's hard to track down a gang and the more you "reply" to, the more they're gonna "reply". It would be pretty easy for them to find us.

It may be that they need killing, but killing them brings their revenge on those responsible. One California sector was angry with an east coast sector simply because a police officer hadn't been killed yet.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I hear ya. But it's hard to track down a gang and the more you "reply" to, the more they're gonna "reply". It would be pretty easy for them to find us.
    Actually not quite true. They might be ruthless but they ain't stupid. A concerted effort against them might send them running for greener pastures like NY or San Fran. Once you have them convinced that you can be as bad as them or even worse if they screw with you or your family, they will respect you and leave you alone.
    Randy Cain.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links