Jobs: FBI Needs 2,100 ASAP!

This is a discussion on Jobs: FBI Needs 2,100 ASAP! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The FBI just announced the need to fill over 2,100 positions ! FBI MEGA HIRING TO FILL OVER 2100 PROFESSIONAL STAFF POSITIONS! UPDATES WILL BE ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobs: FBI Needs 2,100 ASAP!

Exclamation Jobs: FBI Needs 2,100 ASAP!

The FBI just announced the need to fill over 2,100 positions!

FBI MEGA HIRING TO FILL OVER 2100 PROFESSIONAL STAFF POSITIONS! UPDATES WILL BE ADDED DAILY THROUGH JANUARY 5, 2009. QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL STAFF CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED TO PARTICIPATE IN A CAREER INVITATIONAL. ADDITIONALLY, THE FBI MUST HIRE 850 SPECIAL AGENTS.
    This could be a great opportunity for those of you with the appropriate ages, skills, temperaments, and desire.

Here's the link:

FBI — FBI Hiring Blitz - Press Room - Headline Archives 01-05-09

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the post, and the link.

I'd seriously entertain Special Agent but I'm 38 and by agency hiring standards too old to hire in as a newbie.
    Even as I'm healthy, in good to excellent physical fitness, and have a clean record amongst other stuff they desire. Not fair. :(

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I'm in poor condition and lack LE training. I would make a great under cover agent?

Thanks for the link. Other position I might be considered for.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I'd seriously entertain Special Agent but I'm 38 and by agency hiring standards too old to hire in as a newbie.
    Even as I'm healthy, in good to excellent physical fitness, and have a clean record amongst other stuff they desire. Not fair. :(

- Janq
    ICE is hiring. You must be referred for selection before reaching your 40th birthday unless you presently serve or have previously served in a Federal civilian law enforcement position.

USAjobs.gov

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

- Janq
    Ain't being old a B---H!!

Thing is I don't even remember what being 38 was like.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    ICE is hiring. You must be referred for selection before reaching your 40th birthday unless you presently serve or have previously served in a Federal civilian law enforcement position.

USAjobs.gov
    Thanks for the idea Patti.

I went to the ICE website direct and their 'Careers' page states...

Criminal Investigators (Special Agent)

At the present time, ICE is not actively recruiting for entry-level Criminal Investigators (Special Agents). Once recruiting commences again, entry-level Criminal Investigators will be recruited through direct contact with Special Agent Recruiters located with each of ICEís Special Agent in Charge (SAC) Offices. These vacancies will not be posted on the Office of Personnel Managementís (OPM) USA Jobs Web site. If you are interested in becoming an ICE Criminal Investigator, contact the nearest Special Agent in Charge Office when we are actively recruiting and ask for the "Special Agent Recruiter." Main phone numbers for each ICE SAC Office are listed under Contact Us. If you meet the basic qualifications and if ICE is actively recruiting Special Agents, the recruiter will advise you of the next steps in the application process.

Source- Careers
    Yes Archer it's weird.
    If I stop in at college bars females there mistake me for being college aged and when (rarely if) carded they at times remark that they guessed me to be ten years younger.
    I feel ten years younger. Ehh...Time happens.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

BAC
    See, this is where I wish I was a year older so I can already be out of college, out of the academy, and be applying for exactly these kind of jobs. Yet another exercise in patience, I guess.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

count me in. But, being 60 years old, I am afraid they would reject me. Reminds me of my rejection by the Secret Service in 1969 because I wore glasses. In the interview, I pointed to an agent in a picture on the wall and said he wears glasses. Interview over.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    If I could redo my time in the military, I would have done more college. I'm 2 years away from a Bachelors though, so after I get that, maybe the FBI will still have some jobs. I'd definitley consider special agent. Till then, I'll just keep going for police officer. Thanks for the link though...it's good to know someone is hiring in a field im interested in.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I've considered an IT job at ICE. I would get to play with computers and carry a gun, field IT guy that is.

Just call me 00111 (stupid attempt at a binary joke, what is sad is someone will get it).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

You know all of these Agencys are missing a good thing. They need to start a 60 to 70 Squad. I bet they would get a lot of applicants. I'm good for over the hill squad.

This makes me wonder, why does the FBI need more agents when we all know the incoming administration is opposed to clandestine activity? Heck, Clinton's Justice department wouldn't allow them to spy on the 9/11 hijackers. Maybe they'll be watching web sites like this to save the country from "troublemakers".

I would not be surprised at all if "someone" was looking or has looked at this site.

First, at 47 I guess I'm too old.

Second, why do they want more agents? Um, call me paranoid, but how much more government employees will they need to keep an eye on all the "undersireables" like CCing peeps?
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links