Defensive Carry banner

Application is in!

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  MilitaryPower 
#1 ·
I just finished up my application for my local PD. My first test date is March 5th at 10am! I'm excited and hope this works out well!

#2 ·
That's great! I hope everything goes well for you.

#3 ·
I hope it works out for you as well. March 5th? Stick around here, and time will fly by. We'll all be congratulating you before too long. Good luck with it. Test? Don't be nervous.......plenty of time to practice.

#4 ·
Good Luck to you! Keep a positive "can do" attitude.

#6 ·
So not during it huh? :)

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm very excited and my wife is very excited too! She can't wait to see me in uniform! And I can't wait for her to see me in uniform if you know what I mean! :image035:

I'll definitely keep you guys updated.

#7 ·
If she wants to see you in a uniform, the local plumbing company has a uniform and they are hiring. :smile:

Or, you could rent one at a costume shop. Seriously though, give this some serious consideration. I quit in 1998. When I went back in 2007 I had some long talks with my wife prior to doing so. We talked about the benefits and the risk. Also about the personality changes and such that seem to happen in this job, the stress and other things. One very real discussion worth having IMO, is about the risk.

Remember, you may draw the paycheck, but your family is there for your ride too and will live it with you and see you go through things nobody should have to. I suggest you look in to Dr. Kevin Gilmartin's book. It's worth it and may save your marriage. He deals with LEO's only and his office helped me back in 1997.

Biker :palmier:

#11 ·
Good luck. The application process can take a while, so be patient and don't count your chickens before they hatch. Be truthful and don't try to hide anything. I'm currently in the academy with six months to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.