Application is in!

This is a discussion on Application is in! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just finished up my application for my local PD. My first test date is March 5th at 10am! I'm excited and hope this works ...

Thread: Application is in!

Application is in!

I just finished up my application for my local PD. My first test date is March 5th at 10am! I'm excited and hope this works out well!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

2. Remove Ads

That's great! I hope everything goes well for you.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I hope it works out for you as well. March 5th? Stick around here, and time will fly by. We'll all be congratulating you before too long. Good luck with it. test? Don't be nervous.......plenty of time to practice.

Good Luck to you! Keep a positive "can do" attitude.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    trust me you will enjoy the ride from app to officer when it is all over.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    trust me you will enjoy the ride from app to officer when it is all over.
    So not during it huh? :)

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm very excited and my wife is very excited too! She can't wait to see me in uniform! And I can't wait for her to see me in uniform if you know what I mean!

I'll definitely keep you guys updated.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

If she wants to see you in a uniform, the local plumbing company has a uniform and they are hiring.

Or, you could rent one at a costume shop. Seriously though, give this some serious consideration. I quit in 1998. When I went back in 2007 I had some long talks with my wife prior to doing so. We talked about the benefits and the risk. Also about the personality changes and such that seem to happen in this job, the stress and other things. One very real discussion worth having IMO, is about the risk.

Remember, you may draw the paycheck, but your family is there for your ride too and will live it with you and see you go through things nobody should have to. I suggest you look in to Dr. Kevin Gilmartin's book. It's worth it and may save your marriage. He deals with LEO's only and his office helped me back in 1997.

Biker

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Red82 View Post
    So not during it huh? :)

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm very excited and my wife is very excited too! She can't wait to see me in uniform! And I can't wait for her to see me in uniform if you know what I mean!

I'll definitely keep you guys updated.
    Congrats on taking the first step, but cool your jets! Its just an application, and it isnt for McDonalds. Competetion is tough, especially in the current economy. You need to be the best you can be, without going over board and being fake.

Also, put in as many applications at as many different agencys as possible. You get better at the hiring process the more you do.

I don't want to discourage you, but a dose of reality is needed to keep you grounded. The obsolute worst thing you can do is to assume the job is yours.
    "Just blame Sixto"

good luck and best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Congrats on taking the first step, but cool your jets! Its just an application, and it isnt for McDonalds. Competetion is tough, especially in the current economy. You need to be the best you can be, without going over board and being fake.

Also, put in as many applications at as many different agencys as possible. You get better at the hiring process the more you do.

I don't want to discourage you, but a dose of reality is needed to keep you grounded. The obsolute worst thing you can do is to assume the job is yours.
    AMEN SIXTO!! (diggin' the new avatar as well)

This is just an application. It seems like people that have never applied at a public service agency before think that it is like (or even comparable to) applying anywhere in the "outside world". It's not, and that is a sore mistake to make. Hang in there. If there is ONE thing that I will tell you it is "have patience". A lot of applicants start to wonder why it has been 6 months since their testing and they haven't heard anything...so they call and bug their BI (background investigator). Please don't be one of those. Good luck in the testing process, and remember that there are most likely tens or even hundreds (depending on the size of your area) of other applicants. If you don't get the position, just apply elsewhere!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Good luck. The application process can take a while, so be patient and don't count your chickens before they hatch. Be truthful and don't try to hide anything. I'm currently in the academy with six months to go.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Links