Does anyone know of any forums that have real LEO that answer questions about...

This is a discussion on Does anyone know of any forums that have real LEO that answer questions about... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; General LE information such as becoming a PO? Specifically in the state of Illinois. I'm not look specifically to, say join the Illinois State Police. ...

Thread: Does anyone know of any forums that have real LEO that answer questions about...

Does anyone know of any forums that have real LEO that answer questions about...

General LE information such as becoming a PO? Specifically in the state of Illinois. I'm not look specifically to, say join the Illinois State Police. I am more or less looking for info on what training or courses are available for persons looking to become a PO's in the state of Illinois.

Thank in advance.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Perhaps the best forum would be the 911 job forum:

911 Job Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Perhaps we have a IL LEO member here or two.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Looks like an excellent website. However you have pay a membership fee to be able to post. I appreciate your response though.

Do you know of any more that are totally free?

I think I may try it out srfl. Thanks!

Lead Moderator
    Doesn't the state of Illinois have a website for potential hires? State requirements., ect?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

They do. I have been to the website. I would still like to talk to people in the field. I'm not inquiring about employment specifically with the Ill. St. PD though.

I don't know if this would help, but registration is free. Haven't been there in a while but I'm registered. MassCops - Massachusetts Law Enforcement Network - Powered by vBulletin
    I figure there should be plenty of LEO websites out there to help you get where you're going. Google is your friend! P.S. You may even come across some good deals on used pistols and gear too. ;)

Welcome to the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
    The IL Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board sets the minimum requirements for new hires and training in IL. Individual depts can set higher standards than what the ILETSB set as minimum.
    The ILETSB does not require college however many depts require some college or even up to a 4 yr degree. Remember tho that if a dept requires a 4 yr degree that is a minimum requirement and does not mean a person will really be in competition.
    Minimum training academy is 12 weeks. Some depts have their own additional academy for continuing training. Some of those additional might be 3 weeks to 14 weeks. The ISP Academy is now 25 weeks for new Troops.
    You have to be hired by a dept first before attending one of the training academies.
    What other questions might you have concerning IL?
    183 FBINA

Police & Law Enforcement - Officer.com Police News, Forums, Links and More for Police Officers, Law Enforcement, Corrections, Sheriffs and More

Try the above website then click on their forums section. You can find cops there from every state. They can answer any questions you want to post.

The O.com forums haven't been working for me since Sunday. But they are very good.

I get this message.....

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: bblastvisit=1220305022; bblastactivity=0; CP=null*; __utma=152853806.1760570215.1220305029.1232919234. 1232938655.308; __utmz=152853806.1223606204.113.3

Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) mod_jk/1.2.21 mod_ssl/2.0.52 OpenSSL/0.9.7a Server at 192.168.124.7 Port 80
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Quote Originally Posted by calireserve View Post
    Police & Law Enforcement - Officer.com Police News, Forums, Links and More for Police Officers, Law Enforcement, Corrections, Sheriffs and More

Try the above website then click on their forums section. You can find cops there from every state. They can answer any questions you want to post.
    Good site, and Im a member there also
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Also Glock Talk, Cop corner
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Links