Ms13 : New Twist!!!

This is a discussion on Ms13 : New Twist!!! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gang Plots Border Attack http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_3448828 ^ | 1/30/2006 | Sara A. Carter, Kenneth Todd Ruiz Posted on 01/30/2006 8:49:23 AM EST by television is just ...

Thread: Ms13 : New Twist!!!

Exclamation Ms13 : New Twist!!!

Gang Plots Border Attack
    http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_3448828 ^ | 1/30/2006 | Sara A. Carter, Kenneth Todd Ruiz

Posted on 01/30/2006 8:49:23 AM EST by television is just wrong

Gang plots border attack Department of Homeland Security document reveals MS-13 plan By Sara A. Carter and Kenneth Todd Ruiz, Staff Writers

OTHER INCIDENTS Along with a plot to launch coordinated attacks against law enforcement officers along the border, several attacks against Border Patrol agents are documented in a Jan. 20 Department of Homeland Security document obtained by the Daily Bulletin.

In May 2005, someone was seen climbing down from a tree carrying a high-caliber rifle with a "large" scope while an attempted smuggling operation was under way along the Rio Grande, the river border between Texas and Mexico.

A shooter on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande used a rifle to fire at Border Patrol agents who were arresting four illegal immigrants on Dec. 28.

One of two Border Patrol boats was struck after 20 to 25 rounds were fired at the boats from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande on Dec. 30.

A Border Patrol vehicle was struck by one of several rounds fired from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande on Jan. 4.

On Jan. 10, someone fired into the air with a semi-automatic weapon from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande during a drug-smuggling operation observed by Border Patrol agents.

Members of a violent international gang working for drug cartels in Central and South America are planning coordinated attacks along the U.S. border with Mexico, according to a Department of Homeland Security document obtained by the Daily Bulletin.

Detailed inside a Jan. 20 officer safety alert, the plot's ultimate goal is to "begin gaining control of areas, cities and regions within the U.S."

The information comes from the interrogation of a captured member of Mara Savatrucha, or MS-13, a transnational criminal syndicate born from displaced El Salvadoran death squads from the 1980s.

The MS-13 member, who claimed to have smuggled cocaine for the Gulf Cartel, explained a plan to amass MS-13 members in Mexican border towns such as Nuevo Laredo, Acuna, Ojinaga and Juarez. The Gulf Cartel runs its drug smuggling operations from Del Rio, Texas, to south of Matamoros, Mexico.

"After enough members have been pre-positioned along the border, a coordinated attack using firearms was to commence against all law enforcement, to include Border Patrol," the alert states.

Mike Friel, a spokesman

Beyond Borders - Special Report on Immigration

Beyond Borders Blog - Special Report on Immigration

for the Department of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protection, would not comment specifically on the alert.

Through investment, technology and infrastructure, Friel said, Homeland Security is "determined to gain control of the border."

Law enforcement officials along the border said they had not received the alert.

Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez of Zapata County in Texas said he was angry about the alert because he has never received information from the Department of Homeland Security about this or any other threat along the Texas border.

"That is something that I was not aware of, but information like this should be given to us immediately," he said.

Gonzalez said it's another example of poor communication between law enforcement agencies.

"Since Sept. 11, we heard there was going to be a sharing of information, but today we still haven't received anything," he said. "All the information of threat levels, I get through the media."

In Arizona's Santa Cruz County, where in May a sniper shot two Border Patrol agents in the legs, Sheriff Tony Estrada said he was alarmed by the documented threat.

"That message seems to be the strongest type of indicator that they are seriously planning to use force," he said.

Estrada added that it shows how frustrated the smugglers have become, but said the plot is a "bad idea" that wouldn't work.

"It would be real dumb move," he said. "If that should happen, and if any of our agents are threatened or injured or killed, it's going to create a lot of unity and cooperation."

Gonzalez added that his deputies have seen increasing violence from drug cartels and what he believes are Mexican soldiers working for them.

A member of the 16-county Texas Sheriff's Border Coalition, Gonzalez said he would immediately inform other sheriffs.

As a precaution, he would change how his deputies operate, he said. Some of his deputies have been patrolling the border alone.

"We're going to be better prepared, and the officers will too," he said. "Unfortunately (the cartels) are not going to wait."

According to a secretary in the office of Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman Tom Vinger, Vinger said he had no information about the potential threat.

Andrea Simmons of the FBI's office in El Paso, Texas, said she is familiar with such threats, but said her office is not investigating any such attacks.

"We haven't had any specific threats regarding that or any information for us to be able to follow up on," she said.

AGENTS UNDER FIRE

The alert documents several armed, brazen attacks on Border Patrol agents between May and January.

Violence at the border has risen dramatically during the past couple of years, according to law enforcement officers all along the border.

Estrada said crime there is "more competitive, more profitable and more violent," and that increased scrutiny at the border and intensified law enforcement efforts have frustrated criminal elements in Mexico.

A smuggler named Pablo "El Patron" Mercado said he will no longer tolerate the loss of contraband and has ordered smugglers to carry firearms, according to a Jan. 13 alert referenced in the document.

Sgt. Benjamin Reyna of the Bisbee Police Department in Arizona said he's seen much more violence in the past several years.

"It's on the increase," he said. "They have a lot less fear of law enforcement now."

Reyna said cartel enforcers, smugglers and people suspected of being current and former Mexican military are taking shots at law enforcement officers.

CENTRAL AMERICAN INTERESTS

The primary subject of the alert concerns a confrontation between a U.S. Department of Agriculture inspector and 20 men armed with assault rifles in the area where a creek feeds into the Rio Grande in Zapata County on Jan. 9.

The inspector, who was on horseback, said a boat dropped the group off inside U.S. territory.

Some of the subjects appeared to be carrying automatic assault rifles, and threatened to shoot the inspector's dogs, the alert stated.

The inspector had his gun and badge hidden under his jacket so the men could not see that he was a law enforcement agent. He told the armed men he was a rancher.

"(He) stated that he believed this might have saved his life," the alert stated.

The inspector, who is fluent in Spanish and has lived near the border all his life, believed the men were not Mexican nationals, based on their accents.

The incident report concluded that the men probably were from Central America and members of either MS-13 or ex-Guatemalan Kaibiles, a military special forces unit specializing in jungle warfare and counterinsurgency.

NOTE: Emphasis in article courtesy of ExSoldier762
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Well, it seems as near full scale military operations may commence. I wouldn't be surprised if they got artillery or mortar support from the Mexican military with Vincente Fox's blessings! This group of communists has their sights (literally) set on retaking the land they lost after the Texicans kicked their butts in the 1830's. You'd think they might remember the hard lesson learned at a place called San Jacinto.

It would not surprise me in the least to see shopping malls, and other soft targets fired up in concert with similar acts perpetrated by AQ following a massive 911 style attack. I think this article has credence and it is headed our way....soon. Know what really GALLS me? If this comes to pass, I'll bet the first reaction from many politicians is going to be to call for all sorts of draconian laws to get a handle on the chaos...just like what happened in New Orleans. I'll bet the calls will be especially sharp and by formerly "pro-gun" politicians IF the citizenry takes up arms to repel the invaders. It will be a strident cry for a cessation of vigilantism and for the federal government to DO SOMETHING! and under those circumstances....like Miggy said on the last thread....they very well might do something staggeringly stupid.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    I had read this Ex but not gotten to posting it - something sure seems ''in the air''.

I guess it would be wise to take this very seriously but wonder too what the ''hype'' factor might be - being as ever skeptical of reports. The whole thing needs watching tho that's for sure.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I guess it would be wise to take this very seriously but wonder too what the ''hype'' factor might be - being as ever skeptical of reports. The whole thing needs watching tho that's for sure.
    Not only watching, but a reaction plan in case this thing does "blow up". The sad thing is that if history holds, the US will not return fire across the border, until it gets REALLY serious, just the usual verbal firings!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Cool Have a plan....and then stick to that plan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Not only watching, but a reaction plan in case this thing does "blow up". The sad thing is that if history holds, the US will not return fire across the border, until it gets REALLY serious, just the usual verbal firings!
    I have to prepare for this possibility in the exact same manner I do for Hurricane Season or a 911 style terror attack. The fact is, that where I'm situated, it doesn't lend itself well to a classic "BUG OUT" plan. Although I do have family and friends who live in rural areas, the realistic ability of me and mine being able to GET to them is problematic. There are too few passable roads and those will be blocked either by LEOs or BGs looking to score on the back of any ensuing chaos. IF I had a champion type 4x4 like an H1 or H2 or a Land Rover or Toyota Land-CRUSHER, I would have a better than even chance. But as it stands, our supplies are in place. Got a generator and several spare propane tanks for the backyard grill. I'm well armed and have several thousand rounds of ammo for all calibers I own. We'll just hunker down and rides things out. The one thing I would truly worry about it a N.O. style gun grab by local "authorities." While the state legislature is safely in the hands of conservative Republicans, my area is dominated by anti-gunners with political power. Notice, World-Pax...I didn't say antigun liberals! I'm learning.

Ex,

This is good to know about...some folks I know are planning a scooter ride to the Big Bend area. I will inform them of this as I don't believe it isn't general knowledge for most folks. They might want to change plans or pack a little something extra for the trip...that's legal here.

Regards...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Notice, World-Pax...I didn't say antigun liberals! I'm learning.
    Thanks! Just a thought, how are your neighbors prepared and do you think they'd be open to a discussion about disaster prepardness. It might be easier to have them ready also and grateful to you for helping them, instead of having to fend them off when the time comes. Again, just a thought.

I'm a firm believer in the power of the Tribe.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

ExSoldier762,

Not that I'd advise anything illegal, but I've heard that BATF actually stood for "Bury All Thy Firearms."

Personally, I'd say that was a bit "over the edge."

But "storing" a few "extra pieces and it's food" in a "secure, undisclosed location," might not be a bad idea.

I'm sure you are aware that simple means are available to make locating such a cache rather difficult to find. . .

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Unhappy One of those few times I wish I could carry at work!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldPax
    Thanks! Just a thought, how are your neighbors prepared and do you think they'd be open to a discussion about disaster prepardness. It might be easier to have them ready also and grateful to you for helping them, instead of having to fend them off when the time comes. Again, just a thought.

I'm a firm believer in the power of the Tribe.
    Everybody in my immediate neighborhood went thru Hurricane Andrew and those that slammed us last summer. As always we all pulled together, made sure the elderly were in good shape and had their meds. Those of us with generators ran extension cords to neighbors refridgerators so they could keep some food fresh. We even have an annual potluck block party every Christmas since Andrew. My immediate next door neighbor is a former army captain (like myself) except he flew choppers for his tours. Now he flies the local EMT chopper for the fire dept and he's of course an EMT himself. Plus, he's a hunter and one of the area NRA coordinators...I'd say we're pretty well set!

But here's some different news: Remember, I told folks that MS13 operates within six blocks of my school? Well shrink that to about 50 FEET! Last Friday an off duty cop was getting a haircut across the street from my school when in walks an obvious gangbanger covered with tatts and he's got an AK-47 in his hand, but casual carry, not like he's ready to open up. The cop rolls out of the chair, drawing his off duty gun and as soon as the punk realizes the law is there, he drops the gun and hauls A$$! The cop wasn't able to extricate himself from the barber's sheet fast enough to get the kid who was now moving at about warp nine. The news is that ONE OF MY FORMER STUDENTS is possibly this kid. I flunked him, big time. Hope those 7.62x39 rds don't have my name on them....My classroom sits on the outer perimeter of the school. This whole thing made the local news last Friday and I missed it. The school security guy I'm friendly with just clued me in a few moments ago. The fun never stops here....

New Border Incursion In Hudspeth County
    For the second time in two weeks, American law enforcement officers say men carrying high powered automatic weapons and who appeared to be Mexican soldiers violated the international boundary and crossed into the United States in Hudspeth County, East of El Paso. In the past the Mexican Consulate in El Paso had stated that their Government policy is that no armed Mexican soldiers are allowed closer than three miles to the U.S. border.

The latest incident happened just before sunset on Tuesday night, as a KFOX crew was on the scene. As a Hudspeth County sheriff's deputy was describing what happened during a reported incursion last week - suddenly one 'soldier' emerged from the brush on the Mexican side of the border and darted back under cover. Moments later though, two other men who appeared to be soldiers marched across a clearing, in plan view. Shortly after that, the Deputy spotted soldiers who were well hidden and out of camera range crossing into the United States - attempting to flank the Deputy and the news crew.

According to the Deputy "They are doing the classic thing, flanking around each side of us and actually coming up into the U.S. and trying to figure out what we are doing, they are looking at us very heavily."

Reporter Ben Swann replied, "So I guess it's time to go." The Deputy responded "Yeah, it would definitely be time to get out of here."

Just a week ago a caravan of three vehicles were spotted on I-10 by Hudspeth Deputies and chased to the same area of the border. One vehicle was captured, a second made it across the Rio Grande safely and a third vehicle became stuck in the river. As deputies converged on the scene, they say a Humvee approached from the Mexican side, and heavily armed men in military clothing crossed into the United States to rescue the smugglers. The vehicle was burned on the Mexican side of the river bank.

After this latest incident on Tuesday night, the U.S. Border Patrol reports that they were contacted by Mexican authorities who admitted the men were Mexican soldiers. Border Patrol Assistant Chief Robert Boatright told KFOX "Mexican officials got in touch with our Mexican liaison unit to advise us that they had requested the assistance of the Mexican military and that they were down in Hudspeth County." But he tells us this contact only occurred after the Mexican soldiers had been spotted by the Sheriff's Deputy.

Wednesday afternoon, the Mexican Consulate released a statement saying the heavily armed men were not Mexican Soldiers, but were State Police, investigating last week's smuggling incident. Consulate officials say the men will be in the area for the next several days.

Local law officers say as word of the latest incident spread on Wednesday morning, they were told that Texas Governor Rick Perry was releasing nearly $4 million dollars in additional funding for Operation Linebacker, to assist in their efforts to secure the border. Meanwhile, a delegation of local law enforcement officers will be discussing their concerns with members of Congress and the Department of Homeland Security - first in Houston this week, then in Washington, D.C. next week.

But in the meantime, this latest incident only heightens concern among law officers, and those who live along the U.S. side of the border. The Deputy involved in Tuesday's incident told KFOX, "If it's going to take a bunch of us getting killed down here on the river to show everybody that this is a problem, then its going to happen, one of these days it will happen."
    "May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent

Links