Need help finding info

Need help finding info

This is a discussion on Need help finding info within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I remember a while back someone posted a couple of links to sites where one can get military records. I have been trying to find ...

Thread: Need help finding info

Need help finding info

I remember a while back someone posted a couple of links to sites where one can get military records.

I have been trying to find those links, but my search skills suck. I am trying to gather as much info about my Grandfather, I only have a little bit of info and his stripes, unit patches, etc. I want to put together his whole career from enlistment to discharge.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

IIRC if he was Army, Personnel Command would be the people to talk to. As I understand it they lost a lot of records in a fire years ago, so depending on when you are talking about they might not be able to help. They used to be in St Louis, but I think they are in Virginia now.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Here is a link to the Military Archives in St Louis, just follow the eVetRecs link and fill out the form and send the signature page. As mcp1810 stated lots of records were lost in the 1984 fire but you may get lucky and they still have your grandfathers records.

eVetRecs: Request Copies of Veterans Military Personnel Records
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

That's the link, thank you. I sure hope his records weren't lost. I know he went in at Bragg (I think) and spent time at Los Alamos, NM and left from Ft. Hood (I think).

I would really like to put it all together. I have even thought of buying an era uniform and collecting the stripes, unit patch, ribbons, etc. and rebuilding his uniform. I have a couple of pictures, so I could do it easy enough and make it accurate.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Sponsored Links