Iowa National Guard to practice house to house gun searches!! (MERGED) - Page 5

Iowa National Guard to practice house to house gun searches!! (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Iowa National Guard to practice house to house gun searches!! (MERGED) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What is to say "if" another AWB gets placed, that they outlaw possession, no grandfathering, turn em in. Any weapon or replica of a military ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Iowa National Guard to practice house to house gun searches!! (MERGED)

VIP Member
    What is to say "if" another AWB gets placed, that they outlaw possession, no grandfathering, turn em in. Any weapon or replica of a military issued rifle or carbine. Simple and sweet, a fairly short list.
    There is nothing to say that this won’t happen. And guess what? If it does happen, it will be done by the duly elected representative government that we put into place. As has often been said, a democracy gets the government it deserves.

why in the world would they need to train ''real world''tactics on our soil if not meant for maneuvers on our soil.
    Umm, perhaps because we live here? What would you have us do, fly a company of Guardsmen to Morocco for a weekend so they can train there? Do you realize what a downright silly statement this is? ALL of our military trains ALL of the time on our soil, for tactics meant to be used on foreign soil. To even suggest that some other situation is not only possible but somehow more realistic denotes a severe lack of understanding on the subject.
    My ultimate assessment is this isn't the idea of the fed, or the UN, or the dems, the repubs, the commies, or the crab people. This is the idea of a couple old crusty sergeants who just want their men to come home alive.
    Bingo. I’ve led Guard platoons, and I was always looking at ways to make our training better. As often as possible, that meant getting us off of our “training area” (most of which are just chunks of woodlands) and into more realistic area…abandoned buildings, houses slated to be torn down, even paintball fields. If I could have gotten a whole town to play along, I would have jumped at the chance. The Guard doesn’t have the full-time access to military training facilities or the money for training that an Active Duty unit has – the strength of their training often depends on the creativity and imagination of their leadership, and the one benefit that they have is (sometimes) the freedom to get away from Post and into the “real world.”

Shame on many of you for stifling their training based on your paranoid (in the true meaning of the term) delusions of blue helmeted invaders and midnight raids by Sara Brady.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    Thanks OPFOR.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    They can make them so hard to get and expensive that no ordinary citizen can afford to own one. They can also put extreme qualifications on citizens that wish to purchase one.
    Who is they? You mean us?

Yes, the Federal government can tax many things. That actually is in their power. The gasoline taxes are so expensive that no ordinary citizen can afford to drive. Whoops. Most people can afford it. Yes, if you apply the same percentage tax to guns and ammo I imagine some forum participants would be apoplectic.

The fact remains that we decide what our laws are. We decide how much we should be taxed. We govern ourselves. That is the experiment the Founders put in place. Self governance. It has worked successfully for over 220 years. Even with all its flaws, pitfalls, and policy failures, there is no better system of government.

VIP Member
    I'll bet they use Black Helicopters too!

The TRUTH About Black Helicopters!

Some of you folks need to get a grip.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Who is they? You mean us?

Yes, the Federal government can tax many things. That actually is in their power. The gasoline taxes are so expensive that no ordinary citizen can afford to drive. Whoops. Most people can afford it. Yes, if you apply the same percentage tax to guns and ammo I imagine some forum participants would be apoplectic.

The fact remains that we decide what our laws are. We decide how much we should be taxed. We govern ourselves. That is the experiment the Founders put in place. Self governance. It has worked successfully for over 220 years. Even with all its flaws, pitfalls, and policy failures, there is no better system of government.

They are the elected representitives that we voted into office. These same representives swear an oath to protect the constitution. They do not swear an oath to obey the will of the people. I think they have lost sight of that.

These elected officials must at times protect the constitution from the will of the people.
    If they ignore the constitution then our government is nothing more than mob rule by proxy.

Michael

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    They are the elected representitives that we voted into office. These same representives swear an oath to protect the constitution. They do not swear an oath to obey the will of the people. I think they have lost sight of that.

These elected officials must at times protect the constitution from the will of the people.
    If they ignore the constitution then our government is nothing more than mob rule by proxy.

Michael
    I don't have time to respond right now other than

+1

Overreaction, they have to train. However best reply on thread:

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The training works both ways...pay attention and see where NOT to store your guns...
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Yes it was training...and probably not meant for anything other than that for all involved. But...don't think this kind of stuff could not happen with some of the people in power right now. I am very nervous about our leaders in power. I am really afraid the good guys there are severely outnumbered. It's easy to get paranoid in these times of the most antigun administration in our history.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Did you not read the posts where it was pointed out that this sort of thing happens quite often? It's unusual (and pretty cool) that they got a whole town to participate, but I've gotten local PDs and FDs, owners of abandoned buildings, and so on to OK training on their property or in their "jurisdiction" before . We just never said we were looking for "weapons dealers" so nobody got their panties in a twist...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Yes I read all of the posts, and I am not one of the paranoid. I do understand that it was training, and am not fueling the conspiracy, at least not trying to. I just couldn't seem to word it better. One of my best friend's dad is a retired E-7 trainer with the NG. I am just saying (I guess), that we need to keep an eye on the VERY LEFT powers that be in the capital right now. There has been an NG post and armory in my hometown for all of my 30 years. I just am trying to say that there is always some one who will try and slip one by, and it never hurts to keep your head on the swivel and your ear to the ground.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Back in the old days we wouldn't of said anything ,but in todays climate I think it was bad timing
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh my goodness I haven't laughed that hard in a lonnnnnggggg time!

Alot of you seem to think to Military and LEO's as some other breed of human imported as automatons to brainlessly do what they are told by some shadowy figure in a tower some where! We are your neighbors, your friends, the kid you went to grade school with - Most military officers and NCO's are gun owners themselves - do you really think that they will completely forget thta they swore an oath to DEFEND the constitution againts FORIEGN and DOMESTIC threats?!?!?!?

give me a break.
    It is a training exercise, OPFOR hit the nail right on the head.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh my goodness I haven't laughed that hard in a lonnnnnggggg time!

Alot of you seem to think to Military and LEO's as some other breed of human imported as automatons to brainlessly do what they are told by some shadowy figure in a tower some where! We are your neighbors, your friends, the kid you went to grade school with - Most military officers and NCO's are gun owners themselves - do you really think that they will completely forget thta they swore an oath to DEFEND the constitution againts FORIEGN and DOMESTIC threats?!?!?!?

give me a break.
    It is a training exercise, OPFOR hit the nail right on the head.

Look at our members in congress. Alot of them seem to have forgot it.

Michael

are you saying that you would compare the warriors on the battlefield to members of congress?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

NO but I think the point is that they (soldiers and Congress) both swore the same oath, and not all of Congress seem to be holding up their end.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links