Female LEO's

This is a discussion on Female LEO's within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well said JWhite75...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Female LEO's

Well said JWhite75
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Paco beat me to it. Men and women may have equal rights, but they do not have equal abilities. I have pretty much the same list as Paco...LEO, firefighter and military(not just combat soldiers) and for much the same reasons.

I was in Engineering in the Navy, and most of the women simply couldn't do the job. Some of the men couldn't either. When you need a 24" valve opened so that you can continue to launch and recover aircraft, that is not the time to have a 4'10, 90 pound female on watch.
    I also agree, there are some things that require more upper-body strength than the majority of women have. Men and women, although equal in a moral sense, do have vastly different built-in abilities. Men can't have children. Women usually don't have much upper-body strength. That's just the way we are built.

The Army had to replace the .45 1911 pistol because the women couldn't control it and said it kicked too hard. As a helicopter mechanic in the Army, I had to carry my female mechanics' tool-boxes up to the top of the helicopter for them, since they could not get the 40-lb tool-box up on their own.

To think that a 4'5" female LEO weighing 110 pounds can physically subdue a berzerk 6'7" 300 pound man is insane.
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhall57 View Post

To think that a 4'5" female LEO weighing 110 pounds can physically subdue a berzerk 6'7" 300 pound man is insane.
    Most dudes couldn't either without lot of knowledge and or tools.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Most dudes couldn't either without lot of knowledge and or tools.
    Very much true. I am 6'3" 285 and there are guys I dont wanna grab ahold of.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have no problem with women serving in traditionally male jobs as long as the physical requirements for the job are the same for both sexes. To lower the requirements for women is simply admitting that men and women are NOT equal in all respects.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I work out at a gym with a couple of trainers who specialize in combative fitness.

One of them is a woman. She looks like a cute cheerleader but can clean and jerk more than her body weight. I've seen her deadlift 475lbs.

She looks like she weighs about 110 but she actually weighs more like 150 - all muscle. (She's hot, too!)

Also, she is hell on wheels with a pair of sticks. I can show you the welts to prove it.

As far as woman being a LEO, all I say is keep the standards high and anyone who makes the grade should be allowed to serve.

Some women will make the grade and some men will not.

That's the way it should be.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I do not care male or female. Having served on submarines I did not work with women in the Navy, however in my current job I have worked on aircraft carriers and have seen the physical limitations of both women and men. There are really small men too. As far as LEO and firefighter, there should be equal physical strength standards. Not push ups or pull ups as they are related to the indviduals strength vs. weitgh. What odes it mean when a 95 lb man can do 15 pull ups but a 250 lb man can do only 12. Who really has the greater upper body strength.

test them equally with weights, if they pass they pass and if not they need to find a job they are physically capable of doing.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

fortunately for us the world is not, and should not be - Black and White. There are plenty of women that should be LEO's they do great on the job - There are many men who ARE NOT cut out for the job. I am not big, but I am in great shape for a 30 year old man and I know how to fight.... I am sure as hell not going after a raging 6'7" 300 pounder with out at least a tazer, OC, baton and plenty of back up. The gun goes with out saying.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    This is one of those discussions that have no right answers...nor will change someone's perception/viewpoint or anything for that matter. But I can guarantee one thing...I'm sure we glad we have women on this earth...

Rick

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    Well-said bandit383. Just like talking religion and/or politics, no-one has all the right answers and no-one will have the total and complete truth!! I really and truly do appreciate this discussion though and all the feedback. I sure as hell didn't want any controversy, but I like the in-depth discussions and opinions!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecorrigan View Post
    Well-said bandit383. Just like talking religion and/or politics, no-one has all the right answers and no-one will have the total and complete truth!! I really and truly do appreciate this discussion though and all the feedback. I sure as hell didn't want any controversy, but I like the in-depth discussions and opinions!!
    And I take back my remark, you seem like an alright guy,
    Just remember women can be very deceptive. Everytime somebody calls me a "sweet girl" hubby just rolls his eyes and warns them, don't ever make her mad
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

That's exactly the way my mother is. She's a heavy-set Hispanic woman and can be nicer than Mother Theresa, but when you piss her off... God help you! The best part about it is you never know when she is or isn't armed!! She can surprise the heck out of you. She's about 5'5" but there are men taller and more muscular than she is that don't want to mess with her!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Paul G - reference the lady dead lifting 475 - she needs to get into competitions. The US winner for women in any catergory last year at the national championship was 484 pounds. And she weighs about 180 pounds.

Women LEOs do have their limits as to the ability to move heavy objects due to their smaller body frames but they do have a place in law enforcement. some times a women's touch can defuse a critical situation.

Very true!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links