Female LEO's

This is a discussion on Female LEO's within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; He did say that he felt that there were some females in his class that he would not want to back him up as well ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Female LEO's

Administrator
    He did say that he felt that there were some females in his class that he would not want to back him up as well as some of the guys who he feels are not physically fit enough either.

That is his personal opinion and he has every right to express it.
    I come across males and females every day that are so obviously physically unfit that I probably would not ever want them looking after my "six" in any potentially life threatening scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    MP, you're in a LEO school (not sure the type of school, city, state, national) and already pre-judging on who can back you up??? I believe you are having an premature r(ejection).

School is one thing...the streets, entirely different. What's in the heart, the perseverance, the skill, and the smarts...that will overcome.

Rick
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Regardless of any politically corectness or opionions to the contrary, women and men are different. They always have been, and God willing, they always will be.

Until I see a women's rights organization campagining for equal pay for equal work with equal requirements, I will retain my opinion that political correctness and 'equality' is wrecking our nation, our military, and our economy.

It turns out, we aren't all equal. I don't want a mechanic performing surgery and I don't want a surgeon working on my car. I also don't want a 240# male strip searching a woman, and I don't want a 100# female trying to pull me out of a fire.

When we can accept the fact that we are all different, we'll be a lot better off.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    Paul G - reference the lady dead lifting 475 - she needs to get into competitions. The US winner for women in any catergory last year at the national championship was 484 pounds. And she weighs about 180 pounds.
    OK. Now I have egg on my face. When I say I saw her lift 475lbs, it was a video. I was told it was 475lbs.

I just talked to the young lady in question and she said that her max deadlift was actually 315lbs.

Still that's a bunch for a cute young thing. If she went into law enforcement, I think she would be as tough as most of the male cops.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    He did say that he felt that there were some females in his class that he would not want to back him up as well as some of the guys who he feels are not physically fit enough either.
    Chuckling...I didn't mention gender did I?

Rick

Paul - I wouldn't say it was Egg... 315 is pretty damn impressive!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    OK. Now I have egg on my face. When I say I saw her lift 475lbs, it was a video. I was told it was 475lbs.

I just talked to the young lady in question and she said that her max deadlift was actually 315lbs.

Still that's a bunch for a cute young thing. If she went into law enforcement, I think she would be as tough as most of the male cops.
    She would be pretty tough, but I have to play devil's advocate now: 315lbs is dang good and would be impressive, but keep in mind that 315lbs is one thing when it's not squirming and fighting you back, when that weight turns into a squirming, fighting, cussing, punching drunk or something then it's a totally different story! I can bench a little over 300 but I honestly don't think I could handle someone that weighs that much if they're fighting back!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Not all males make good, honest, hard-working cops, nor do all females. But just because some males or some females would make lousy cops doesn't mean all are unqualified.

Police work is not all head-busting, macho stuff. Lady cops have proven their worth many times over. Which would you prefer: police departments staffed with qualified people of both sexes, or a department which must accept less well qualified men in order to fill the ranks?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

police departments staffed with qualified people of both sexes
    This is the answer! A "Gold Star!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links